Monday, November 3, 2014

my everyday style: it's plaid from here on out!

This is a fall outfit of favorites… these four pieces: leopard shoes, distressed jeans, plaid top and army jacket are probably four of my most worn pieces in my closet.  So combining the four of them into one whopper look is a win in my book.

On a personal note… today is my son's tenth birthday! It's so cliche but I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital to our tiny little first home in Eastown, Grand Rapids yesterday.  With all his teensie tiny baby blue clothes and huge swings and carseats and highchairs that filled our entire home.  Now he is turning into a little man that is thoughtful, athletic and a little (or a lot) crazy! His tenth year on this Earth also marks ten years since I became a mom.  It's crazy to think back how young and clueless I was, and in a lot of ways how simple life was back then.  They say little kids, little problems and I always thought that was silly.  But it's true.  Standing on the edge of the teens as a mom is somewhat scary… but also exhilarating.  Our family's sweet little past and our hopeful future is exciting  to think about. Someone's getting lots of extra hugs today… I'm sure he will just love it (wink!).  





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Jacket, H&M (similar or similar less expensive)
Plaid Top, J.Crew (similar, similar or similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar or similar)
Shoes, Madewell (similar or similar less expensive)
Bag, J.Crew (similar or similar less expensive)
Necklace, Gorjana via Rocksbox (I'm totally hooked on Rocksbox! Check them out!)

 

site design by kiki co.