Monday, September 29, 2014

my everyday style: casual style with a lace sweatshirt!

I absolutely LOVE the sweatshirt trend these days… but I have to be careful in which styles I choose and how I style them other wise they can look really frumpy on me (or so the fitting room mirrors have told me).  This could actually be a blessing in disguise as my closet could be about 20+ strong right now with sweatshirts but instead I only have two or so.

This lace front sweatshirt is soft as a dream and fits just right with no frump quality.  It's the perfect relaxed fall piece and while I loved wearing it on it's own, it will be awesome to layer as well - I can tell already.

On another note I recently had an a-ha fitting room moment… I am often between a size XS and S at many stores and I recently found that a Small Petite from LOFT fits perfect!  So if you are on the petite side and are often between sizes try going up a size in Petite sizes and see how that works (perfect for those stores that carry petites like LOFT, Banana Republic and sometimes J.Crew).




(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Jeans, Gap (similar or similar)
Bracelet, Towne & Reese ℅ - old, but similar
Boots, Sam Edelman (similar)
Bag, J.Crew - on sale!! What a steal!


 

site design by kiki co.