Friday, March 7, 2014

spring trends 2014: small cross-body bag!

Each spring I break down the best of the trends I love for the season and lay it all out right here on the blog for you. Over the coming weeks you'll get a peek at the trends I am loving for spring and tons of tips on how to style those trends as well. Consider these posts your spring shopping cheat sheets!

This week so far we have covered pastels, ankle strap shoes, fresh dresses, new shorts and today I have for you small cross-body bags!  Do you have your spring shopping list well under way by now?! I know I do for sure.

Let's get to today's trend! I am usually a huge tote person when it comes to bags… I like to carry all of the things (in excess) and usually there are a few of the kids' things in there as well.  But this spring I am really digging the relaxed vibe that these small cross-body bags are giving off.  So carefree, so minimal and so fun (bold colors get me every time!).  They are perfect for spring activities like heading out for a walk at the lake, a trip to the ice cream parlor or the farmers market.  I can't wait to shed bulky coats, sweaters and bags for a simple spring look like the ones below.

So what do you think… are you a cross-body bag kind of gal?

above, top row, from left: peach, white, grey
middle row, from left: brown, mint, pink
bottom row, from left: black, berry, cream


get the look above: dress, flats, sunglasses, rings, bag


get the look above: jeans, sweatshirt, flats, bracelet, bag


see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.