Tuesday, March 4, 2014

spring trends 2014: ankle strap shoes!

Each spring I break down the best of the trends I love for the season and lay it all out right here on the blog for you.  Over the coming weeks you'll get a peek at the trends I am loving for spring and tons of tips on how to style those trends as well. Consider these posts your spring shopping cheat sheets!

Today I am featuring ankle strap shoes… and you must be hiding under a rock if you haven't seen these all over the place lately.  From sandals, to pumps to pointy toe flats it seems like every shoe has a fun ankle strap these days!  They are super easy and comfortable to wear (who's clumsy like me and can easily trip in a flip flop!?!? Come on now gals, I can't be alone).

Here I chose a few of my favorites and styled them up.  Shoe trends for this spring are definitely trending towards neutrals… there seems to be less of the bold and colorful sandals and flats that we have seen in years past and a lot more browns and black.  Ultra neutral means super versatile, so pick up a pair or two of these great styles for spring and wear them with EVERYTHING in your closet.  This style is perfect for laid back spring and summer looks or for dressing up a bit.  Are you loving this style like I am this spring?

above styles:
top row: left, middle, right (my fave!)
middle row: left, middle, right
bottom row: left, middle, right


get the look above: scalloped dress (obsessed and it's a great price!), denim jacket, clutch, sunglasses, bracelet, sandals

get the look above: shorts, sweater, necklace, bag, sandals

Do you plan on adding a pair of ankle strap shoes this spring? I just ordered a pair of sandals (even though sandal season is long off!) that I can't wait to wear!

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.