Monday, February 10, 2014

very nice neutrals!

I officially deem 2014 the year of the neutral.  I for one am obsessed… and I think you gals are feeling it too.  The thing I absolutely love about neutrals is that they can all be worn together (black with grey with beige!?! You got it!) for great layering this winter or shed a few layers for spring and you are set (white with beige for spring? Hot!).  The options are limitless and even if you love color and can't quite quit it yet then add a pop of yellow, pink, red, green to your favorite neutrals and you are set… you catch my drift!

I was recently working on some "research" (aka… online shopping) and came across a new crop of neutrals that I think you will love.  These types of casual and relaxed pieces are just what I am looking to add to my wardrobe this late spring and winter.  Plus, super bonus… all these amazing pieces are under $50!


1. grey sweater - this with white jeans and sandals for spring would be amazing! Or with jeans and riding boots and a scarf for winter!
2. beige sweater - I love the idea of this sweater with black skinny pants and flats for now or for spring!
3. moto jacket - this style jacket keeps catching my eye! Wear this over a graphic tee with jeans and ankle boots for a winter look or with white jeans for spring.
4. drapey pants - These pants are a new trend that I would love to try with sandals and a tank this spring or summer.
5. leopard spot heels - These are so classic and I love the low heel. Wear with jeans and a black top for simple and classic style.
6. tortoise bracelet - I'm in love with anything tortoise these days! This simple bracelet would add charm and class to any look.
7. black sandal pumps - I'm super drawn to black heels lately (must be all the fun I had wearing them at Alt!). I feel like you can never have too many or wear them too much (unless snow is covering the ground).
8. grey v-neck tee - I love a grey v-neck tee under blazers in cooler temps or simply with a pair of denim shorts and white sneaks in the warmer temps.
9. color block tee - This top is so modern and fun, you could dress it up with heels and skinny jeans for a night out or simply sandals for a day running errands.
10. snake skin clutch - Snake skin never really seems to go out of style. I love the bit of texture this adds to any look.  A head to toe black outfit with a fun clutch like this would be super fabulous!
11. blush set - This spring go with peach and neutral palettes like this one for beauty.  I love this combo of blushes!
12. denim skirt - I haven't worn a denim skirt in like 8 years (I remember one I wore a lot after my son was born) but it's definitely on my wish list for this spring.  These babies go with anything in your closet and are so fun to wear for spring!







 

site design by kiki co.