Monday, October 21, 2013

reader question: how to stye waxed denim! (3 ways!)

It's been a while since I've done reader questions regularly here on the blog. I'm hoping to bring them back on the regular as usually if one of you is asking the question... more of you might be asking yourself the same thing.

After recently helping a friend pull together some outfits for family photos I thought about bringing back my personal style services.  I know a lot of you enjoyed those services and I certainly enjoyed working with many of you amazing ladies on a regular basis.  After some serious thought over the past week or so I realized that the same reason that I discontinued those services a while back is still true. I am only one person.  Thankfully through this blog I am one person that can reach many people.  But when I do one on one services I am only one person that can help one person.

I am also a wife and a mom and a friend and myself (I like a little time to enjoy my own company now and again).  Away from the computer I am one person that has obligations to other important people that I love and care for. I find it important to limit my "working" time to helping multiple people so that my free time can be spent with those people in a meaningful way.   I hope that by answering reader questions on a regular basis regarding style and personal style here on the blog I can continue to reach many of you as opposed to just one person at a time.

With all that out of the way... today I am answering a question from a reader about waxed or coated denim.  I wore mine here and here... and since they look a little like leather they tend to take on a "dressier" vibe, right?  However this particular reader wanted to be able to translate them into her busy life as a mom to young children.  So here instead of dressing these super fab jeans up... I worked to dress them down and make these outfits casual and easy to wear.

Let's take a look at the outfits...

Sweatshirts are all the rage this fall... find a fun embellished option like this one... or just a simple grey or striped one. Pair the look with casual and classic sneaks and you are set to go to the park, errands and the carpool!
(above: jeans, top, shoes, lip gloss, bag)


A simple cardigan and white tee combo is a great "mom" uniform!  Add those two basics to your coated denim and you've got a great everyday look.


A classic combo for fall that is definitely easy for moms to wear is a simple chambray top and a quilted vest. I love this polka dot version and it's super lightweight and warm! This is such an easy combo!

Aren't these looks so simple to wear?  How else would you style these jeans casually?

Feel free to leave your reader questions right here in the comments (or email them to me!) and I will try to answer as many of them as I can here on the blog soon!

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.