Friday, September 27, 2013

my 2 minute beauty routine!

I am the absolute laaaaaaziest person when it comes to getting ready in the morning (or afternoon, whenever I get around to it... one of the job perks and downfalls of being self employed).  While some girls delight in each stroke of mascara and love drawing the process out to an hour or so - I just don't. I like to get in and get out and be done with it.

Recently I shared this photo of my 2 minutes beauty routine on Instagram (follow me if you don't: JillGG) and I thought I would go a little more in depth with it here for you on the blog today!


Step one: I cover my entire face with a pea size dollop of Dr. Jart's BB cream. I luh-huve this stuff. It goes on smooth offers great coverage and has a built in SPF.

Step two: I repeat the same process with the Jouer tinted moisturizer.  This product also goes on smooth and light weight and has a great sheen to it that leaves my face looking fresh, hydrated and bright. You may think that this is unnecessary with the first step, but I think it gives the natural (but good!) coverage that I like.

Step three: Blush. Nars Orgasm, everyone wears this and loves it and I'm no exception. It's not cheap stuff (or ridiculously expensive either) but it's so worth it as it's flattering to all skin types and lasts forever.

Step four: Brush those brows. Makes a difference gals!

Step five: Curl the eyelashes. Again, totally makes a difference and while I'm not going for a lot of "curl" in my eyelashes per se, what I love is that it makes the eyelashes all uniform for easy mascara application.

Step six: Mascara. This is the cheap stuff that doesn't look like the cheap stuff. I absolutely LOVE this mascara!

That's it! So super easy, right?!?

If I am really doing it up for the day or have an event (other than working and being a mom) - say a lunch or something then I will add a quick swipe of eyeliner and a quick swipe of this amazing gorgeousness to the tops of my cheekbones and the brow bone.

So tell me... what is your key to an effortless but quick beauty routine? Or are you one of those gals that really does it up with the makeup? I would love to hear in the comments!


 

site design by kiki co.