Monday, March 25, 2013

what to pack: spring break!

Some of you may already be on Spring Break... or are going in the next few weeks like myself!  I for one can not wait to get out of town and get away from this snow.  We are heading to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina where it's not supposed to be super warm BUT it will be time away with the family and hopefully a little sunshine and lots of beach walks. (if all else fails there is an indoor pool for the kids and some humidity for my poor deprived skin!)

Here is some great packing inspiration for you if you are headed out.  I know packing can be fun (break out the swim suits!) but also a little stressful to know what or how much to bring. For my trip I am adding a few extra warmer layers (jackets and a sweater or two) but in general I always recommend packing with a color theme in mind. Here I chose blues and pinks... choosing just one or two colors and packing around those colors can make mixing and matching a snap once you arrive. Plus it allows you to pack lighter when you know for the most part that everything will coordinate well together.

Let's take a look at the packing list in more detail...

coral shorts: I love this casual fit - perfect for throwing on!, striped top: gotta have a stripe or two - plus this goes with everything, blue maxi: for dinner out or to wear post sun this is pretty and comfortable, pale yellow eyelet top: for chilly morning coffee runs, navy mini skirt: so versatile and can be dressed up or down, blue v-neck tee: a few classic tees go a long way on vacation, gold flip flops: versatile and comfy, denim shorts: these are a must have!, pink tank top: a little sassy top to be worn with a skirt or dressed down with denim shorts, swim cover up: for trips to the poolside bar!, tote bag: pack this baby with sunscreen, magazines and books!, sunglasses: a stylish necessity, Soludos flats: I love these classic slip ons - they just scream vacation!, striped swim top & bottom: I love these classic stripes


I would love any recommendations you have for the Myrtle Beach area!  (especially brunch options for the weekend!) You gals always have the best tips!

If we haven't already... let's get social!

 

site design by kiki co.