Thursday, October 18, 2012

my outfit: what the gulch?

So funny thing about visiting a place you never have been before? There is SO much to learn.  My husband and I found ourselves googling terms like "gulch", "pass" and "continental divide".  If you think you know what those terms were (or have no idea, like us!) you should look them up again... it's so interesting to learn all about the geographical properties that exist in this country.  There were times when we were in the mountains and I felt so proud of our amazing country. "Snow-capped mountains' majesty..." had a new meaning.  We are so blessed to have such a beautiful and rich country to call home.  The more I travel the US, the more I want to see of it (and learn about it too... I'm already researching books on the Colorado settling and Gold Rush, yes, I'm nerdy like that).

Any way... a gulch is V formation in the rock or land caused by the movement of water.  We had heard so much about McCullough's Gulch and drove (the scariest drive ever!) up to the trail head (also another term I learned, that is: where the trail for the hike begins) to check out if we would be able to hike it.  We didn't bring any "gear" and on a usual day I think some good soled shoes would work, but the trail was iced over after hikers had walked on the freshly fallen snow.  So we couldn't do the hike, but we did stay a while at the trail head to marvel at the view and pray to thank the good Lord that we made it safe up there (and back).  We will def hit this area up again next time we go (hopefully in the summer).







Details:
Vest, Gap (similar)
Sweater, J.Crew
Chambray Top, J.Crew
Ponte Leggings, Target (similar)
Boots, Sole Society

 

site design by kiki co.