Tuesday, February 21, 2012

my outfit: a pop of pink!





My solution to wanting.spring.now. is simply bright colors.  Bright colors albeit completely layered under tons of layers like fur vests and wool coats.  But hey, it works.  This past weekend we took the kids to the Frederik Meijer Gardens.  It's definitely spring there and I just love the humid and warm air in the conservatory.


This past week I read this really fun (and funny!) book: MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend.  Have you seen it or read it? Not only is it a fascinating look at friendships in general it has also got me thinking about my own friendships.  It seems that along the way in life I've traded my marriage and kids for my friendships.  It's sad, but for the past 7 years I haven't been a great "friend" or very "friendly" - it's hard to keep up friendships with kids, a house, blah, blah, blah and life gets busy.


I hope to change all that in 2012 by reaching out to the friends that I do have and make sure I am giving them the attention they deserve and also by going out on a limb and working to create new relationships as well.  Especially now that my kids are getting older - I have no excuses!


I highly recommend the book!




Details:
Coat, Anne Klein (very old)
Faux Fur Vest, second hand
Pink Top, Zara
Jeans, Zara
Necklaces, courtesy of JewelMint
Boots, courtesy of ShoeMint
Ring, courtesy of Towne & Reese

 

site design by kiki co.