Wednesday, August 24, 2011

reader question: fall handbags?

A reader email me recently wanting advice on a fall handbag.  She was up for making an investment on a handbag up to $400 (I always think an investment on a handbag is a good one... they look and feel better and last infinitely longer) and wanted to know if I had any suggestions.

Here are my tips on trends for fall bags... and take note, while some of the bags are in the pricey range ($200 - $400) not all of them are!


The messenger-style handbag... these are totally classic and ultra refined.  They can be worn on a shoulder or cross-body and can carry anything from the basics to an extra sweater or pair of flats and a laptop. I love this simple silhouette and the roominess!
(above: black, navy, mauve, grey, nude)


The tasseled or drawstring handbag... anything with a tassle or a drawstring on it seems to be right on trend this season.  They are very classic looking without being boring.

The tote or animal print... I'm all for a tote.  Maybe that's just the mom in me, but I love having something that my camera, laptop, sweatshirts, snacks or whatever can easily fit into.  Sure it may make looking for your keys a hassle, but for me I love to have everything with me.  

Don't forget to check out what's going on at my other blogs today!

  • Emma Watson sports a back to school ready outfit... perfect for a casual fall day! I love this!
  • Speaking of back to school... see how I outfit my kiddos for the season!
  • Also, you may not have noticed... but I have a new comment system!  If you were having trouble commenting before you should be good to go now! It's super easy and user friendly!

 

site design by kiki co.