Tuesday, June 1, 2010

my outfit: short shorts!

oh boy... I am so not a shorts person. But I maaaaaaay just be coming around. My husband talked me into these (big duh there) and I almost hate to admit it, but I do kinda like them.

When I started putting this outfit together I knew I wanted a very summer/easy/simple/fresh look. But I still felt like it needed a little sumthin'. So I broke out the leather Coach and I think it really balanced the simplicity and brought a bit of sophistication to it all.


Also, the shoes are my new Superga's... when I first got them I thought they were too big. But I had my mom try them on, she has a touch bigger foot than me and they were too small on her. Hmmm. My brother suggested insoles to fill some of the extra space and ta-da! They fit perfect. (BTW, want more ideas on how to style these classic white kicks? I featured them in my Spring looks:book!)



How cute are the yellow striped pockets? But these shorts are short enough as is. thankyouverymuch. I wore this outfit to the library with the kiddos and celebratory Happy Meals for launching my Summer looks:book! Aren't my kids the luckiest? I do the work, they get the fun? Next time I should mix some champagne in there somewhere. For reals.



Details:
Purse, Coach (gift)
Top, Gap (similar)
Tank, F21
Horseshoe Necklace, Marc Jacobs (similar)
Shorts, Old Navy
Shoes, Superga (I got mine at GILT for cheaper!)

 

site design by kiki co.