Monday, August 24, 2009

good LOOK for less: Rosie, summer to fall in the Bay Area!

Rosie contacted me recently requesting a good LOOK for less consultation... here's her note to me:

I have changed work recently and I'm trying to figure out how to be comfortable and casual yet stylish in an office where I don't really need to dress nicely. In the Bay Area we don't really get seasons, but layers can be key. To be honest, too, I'm still trying to figure out my style. I'd say it's pretty eclectic. I love a bit of flair, a bit of glamour and a bit of sophistication all in one. Not too out there, but not too boring. I love the outfits you've made for others. I think I have a bunch of great pieces but very few great outfits.


I loved Rosie's email because I think a lot of us can relate to her, I know I can! It can be difficult to always put our finger on exactly what our style is and even still, our style or mood can change daily! But in my opinion, a look that focuses on "flair, glamour and sophistication" IS a 'style' - and one that can be easily expressed if you try!

Rosie's budget was $500, for that I was able to compile 21 new wardrobe pieces and 10 new outfits! Here's a peek at her shopping list, the two skirts Rosie already owed: (click to see the entire list!)



Let's take a look at a few of Rosie's outfits...

Simple layers in a sophisticated color palate make this look perfect for a casual work environment or out to dinner with friends.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


Layering over a simple black dress is a really way to easily bring an outfit together... I love the layers and interest that is added with just a few simple accessories!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


This outfit is mostly monochromatic except for the bold patterned shirt... it helps the top to take center stage and not seem overwhelming!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


I love this outfit... a great pair of jeans and a simple white tee is simply brought up a notch with a simple jacket and scarf combo! (My two favorite things! )
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


Happy Shopping Rosie! I hope you enjoy your new look!

~~~

Interested in more info on good LOOK for less consults? Check out my new little site devoted entirely to it!

 

site design by kiki co.