Monday, September 29, 2014

my everyday style: casual style with a lace sweatshirt!

I absolutely LOVE the sweatshirt trend these days… but I have to be careful in which styles I choose and how I style them other wise they can look really frumpy on me (or so the fitting room mirrors have told me).  This could actually be a blessing in disguise as my closet could be about 20+ strong right now with sweatshirts but instead I only have two or so.

This lace front sweatshirt is soft as a dream and fits just right with no frump quality.  It's the perfect relaxed fall piece and while I loved wearing it on it's own, it will be awesome to layer as well - I can tell already.

On another note I recently had an a-ha fitting room moment… I am often between a size XS and S at many stores and I recently found that a Small Petite from LOFT fits perfect!  So if you are on the petite side and are often between sizes try going up a size in Petite sizes and see how that works (perfect for those stores that carry petites like LOFT, Banana Republic and sometimes J.Crew).

(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Jeans, Gap (similar or similar)
Bracelet, Towne & Reese ℅ - old, but similar
Boots, Sam Edelman (similar)
Bag, J.Crew - on sale!! What a steal!

No comments:


site design by kelly christine studio