We rented a condo with our friends from Seattle and we plan on spending an inordinate amount of time at the beach, lots of time catching up, grilling out and imbibing cocktails, indulging in lots of ice cream, letting the kids run wild and in general just letting our hair down for a week. I could really use it right about now!
My packing plan is light and simple... a few dresses, shorts, and tees, a little jacket if the evenings get cool and a bathing suit (or four). As I usually do, I pick a color or two to base my packing list around. This time it is yellow & pink. I find that basing my packing on two colors + neutrals helps me minimize the amount of pieces I take and makes dressing easier when I arrive - everything matches!
1. hat - an absolute must for shading my face
2. linen sweater - this is super light weight for early mornings at the farmers market or evenings on the patio
3. striped dress - a perfect cover up or after-sun dress
4. neon shorts - looks good with a tan! (wink, wink)
5. "ice cream" tote - a tote for all the sunscreen and magazines is a must!
6. sandals - I love these simple sandals!
7. striped top - I can't leave home without at least one striped top!
8. tank - perfect for throwing over a swim suit!
10. sunglasses - I plan on wearing these every waking moment!
11. white denim jacket - I forgot I had this and "found" it in my closet, can't wait to wear it for cool evenings!
12. denim shorts - these might just get worn every day!
14. sperry topsiders - perfect for evening walks!
15. simple dress - in case we decide to head out to dinner one night.
see you around...