Monday, October 1, 2012

my outfit: October?!?

How is it October already? September always seems to just fly and that was definitely the case again this year.

It's hard to believe that the kids have been in school for a month already and I still have no routine or organization for my time when they are there.  I'll be honest that it hasn't been the easiest transition for me, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn the "mom" stuff on and off.  My goal is to turn it "off" during the day and focus on myself and the blog (and the work the blog entails) and then to turn it back "on" again for after school, evenings and weekends.  But the truth is I still end up checking emails and (cringe) working a little on the weekends (which I swore I wouldn't do) and on the flip side I still find myself drawn to 'cleaning the bathroom quick' or 'just vacuuming this one room' (which turns into the whole house) while I should be "working" or tending to myself (through relaxation, alone time, reading or just having a little fun for myself).

Do you work from home and find it hard to balance all of it as well?

I guess that was a little tangent... but here is an outfit I wore this weekend down to ArtPrize (newly named by me: ArtMob... more people in downtown Grand Rapids than should be legal) or should I say to froyo, because we quickly ditched AP due to the heavy volume of people down there... we hope to try again later this week with less crowds and lines. (I'll stand in line to view the Mona Lisa, the David or Monet's Garden... but a life size grizzly bear made of pine needles? not this time, not this time).  I will say though, the Top Ten is looking good! (my personal favorite being lights in the night... seriously, have you seen this amazingness!?!? or check out this video that will surely give you little goosebumps! It looks just like in the movie Tangled!)






Details:

Jacket, Gap (very old - similar)
Sweater, J.Crew (similar)
Jeans, Gap
Flats, J.Crew
Earrings, Towne & Reese (c/o)
Sunglasses, Kate Spade (via GILT)

 

site design by kiki co.