Wednesday, May 18, 2011

work it wednesday: jeans shorts!

Last summer I fell head over heels for jeans shorts... short, medium, long, cuffed, frayed, destroyed - you name it! I was in love with them... that is why this season I am even more thrilled that they are BACK!  Here is some of my favorite denim inspiration from the web...


Source: google.com via Jill on Pinterest

Source: hanneli.com via Jill on Pinterest



And now... here is how to style jeans shorts (my way...):






The best part!?!? Jean shorts are so easy to DIY on the cheap!  Grab a pair of your own jeans that are a length that you don't love anymore or that have holes in the knees and chop them off.  Or, find a pair from your local thrift store to cut off!

13 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

yah! ive got some shorts im dying to wear when it warms up and im getting some toms for my birthday :) LOVE that last pair of sandals tho! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

jenn~the stylish housewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn~the stylish housewife said...

i just got a great pair of paige denim cutoff shorts at nordstrom rack! now i just need this rain to go away so i can wear them! =)

p.s. i have those burlap toms too!!! blogged about them when i participated in "one day without shoes"! i am thinking of getting the tom wedges next! =)

the stylish housewife

maria said...

Yes! Love jean shorts...cant wait to get back in mine, although I've seen some great maternity ones around I may have to pick up!! Love each outfit you put together, dear!

Stephanie said...

Somewhat scared of baring my lilly white legs! But I love the idea of a cheap DIY pair. Love your outfits!

-Stephanie

Jackie said...

Love jean shorts. I am going to make some too-I think they turn out looking better than if you bought them that way.

Linda said...

and you've totally got me started on jean shorts! it's probably because you look SOOOOO good in them!
i love that last pair. may have to go check them out!

Liz said...

I love that jean shorts are in!! I remember living in cutoffs as a kid!

Nicole said...

Ha! Last night while I was putting some clothes away I came across a pair of jeans that I not longer wear...I thought of jean shorts and then I thought of you and wondered if you made yours. How cool that you posted this today?

Shea said...

I can't wait 'til it's warm enough to wear jean shorts, and I love the ways you've styled them! Bring on the summer!

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

Can't help it, still love 'em. Not sure when they will be age inappropriate for me but until I'm told not to, I'll keep wearing them. :)

Linda said...

seriously, i just bought that last pair earlier this evening. :) thanks!

Bestie said...

love all these collages..you may have just inspired me to get the scissors out!


 

site design by kelly christine studio