Monday, May 16, 2011

my outfit: it's a shirt, it's a dress!

It's a shirtdress!

I have been wanting a shirt dress all spring... and then I bought one.  Then I sat around waiting for the weather to finally turn so I could wear the dang thing and pow.  Here it is.  With the feather earrings and African-esque bangles it's like I'm going on safari.  In my own driveway. How about that.


The thing with me and dresses is that I feel like a gal in a papersack no matter what.  So some days I have the gumption to throw one on and ignore the nagging papersack on my shoulder, I mean in my head. And other days I just don't.  I will say that it probably doesn't help when the dress is actually the same color as a papersack.  That was just poor planning on my part.


I really wanted to wear a jacket or a cardigan with this outfit, but it was so hot. Yes you read that right - a balmy 80 degrees yesterday so layers would have been silly (and sweaty).  There is such a fine line in Michigan between waiting forever to wear your summer clothes and then severely sweating it out in them.




Details:
Dress, Target (similar)
Bracelets, Sandals & Earrings, Forever 21

13 comments:

v said...

I'm loving your bracelet & sandals! Love the bold colors on the neutral dress! Tres chic!

Andrea said...

I have a shirt dress that I bought a few months back patiently waiting it's turn to debut. I always feel like a shirtdress could be a little stuffy/too preppy but this is perfection!

The Tiny Team said...

Very cute!

xo,
Amy

kristen said...

you are super cute in this!

Orangies Attic said...

You make the cutest paper sack ever... KIDDING. You look adorable and not AT ALL like a paper sack! Orangies Attic

Nicole said...

I've seen this at Target so many times and have wanted to try it on. Next time I'm out I'm definitely giving the dress a try. The color and shape look great on you.

{molly beth} said...

i have that dress in black, and i love it! i really love those earrings too! super funky!

xoxo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Heather said...

What a pretty outfit - the shirtdress looks great on you, and comfy, too! I like your 'safari' style accessories!

Linda Rose said...

Paper sack? Far from it! You look great in this!

Sarah said...

I have this dress in black! Now I wish I would've broken out of my comfort zone and selected the khaki or teal. Looks great (& its so comfy)!!!

Chloe said...

I've been looking for a dress just like this for so long. It's so lovely.

C x

http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Ashlee said...

Ooh, I really like this dress! I wore a shirtdress today, too, and I'm usually not the kind. (I like my empire waists and frilly collars.) You look lovely, though, and not at all like a paper bag girl.

http://casualandclueless.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

That dress looks great on you! They went immediately to the clearance rack at my Target, so I snagged one up and brought it home. When I tried it on, I couldn't even get it past my hips (I got a Medium, which I usually wear). The dress looked like it had some stretch to it, but I guess not! It looks great on you though!!


 

site design by kelly christine studio