Monday, January 10, 2011

my outfit: black and blue!

EDITED TO ADD: AWESOME!  This bag was featured in Rue Magazine recently... check it out here!

I have two very important shout-outs in this post...

1. A huge thank you to the gorgeous and generous Linda from Rose a la Mode... she sent me this blue sweater for Christmas. How sweet is she? Also, she completely guessed on what I might like and my size and she nailed it. I love this sweater and have worn it tons. Today it makes it's blog debut! yay! A huge thanks Linda! Blog buddies are the BEST!

2. My brother snagged this uber chic and practical bag for me for Christmas. The tote is from Lamb here in Grand Rapids but the bag is made by Apolis Activism which is owned by a friend of Ben's. Very, very cool stuff. This bag is HUGE and has a waterproof lining and a classic leather handles. I'm so in love. It's my new gym bag... and that's big business around here. My gym bag is second in command to sequins or Kate on most days. So it has to keep up, and it doesn't disappoint.


How was your weekend? Mine was great... SUPER cold, but the sun was shining which is a rarity here, so I sure enjoyed whipping out the sunglasses and stocking up on Vitamin D.


We also went to a basketball game at my alma mater with the kids. Pure fun! It has been years since I've been back on the campus, even though I live minutes from there. So much and nothing has changed. It felt great.





It's Monday... so I'm gong to keep this short and sweet. But to review... visit Rose a la Mode if you haven't lately and check out all of Apolis Activism's cool products. Go on now!

Details:
Jacket, courtesy of Tulle - it's on sale too!
Sweater, LOFT (similar)
Scarf, Anthro
Jeans, Gap
Boots, Nine West (similar)
Bag, Apolis Activism

17 comments:

Ashley @ The Hillside Home said...

You are lookin' smokin' today! Love the boots, the jacket, and the red lipstick! I am headed over to Tulle right now to check it out!!!!
Also, I just discovered your other blog for mommies and I am loving it--I am expecting a baby girl in June!

Lindsay @ Yams said...

Great outfit! Love the scarf & the bag as your accessories! So cute :)

annie said...

oh that scarf really makes the sweater's color stand out. love this look! (and that bag!)

Lindsey N. said...

Love this whole outfit! I really like the structured shoulders of the jacket. The blue of the sweater is awesome and I LOVE that bag.

Lindsey Soup

Nicole said...

I love this look. Love the scarf so much and the bag is great! I wanted to ask you a question...what is your fav cut/style of jeans? I notice you wear a lot of skinny jeans and I have also seen you in a trouser style with wide legs. I recently bought a new pair from AE...one of my fav stores for jeans and I got the skinny boot...they say they are getting a new flare style in...what's in style anymore? Personally I love skinny for boots, boot cut and trousers...what about you?

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Nicole... I love skinny's and flare jeans probably THE BEST right now. But really for jeans right now it seems that anything goes. so don't throw out any old styles... boot fit is great with heels, flare is great with wedges and clogs, boyfriend fit is great with flats and skinnies can be worn with boots or any shoe really. I think there are SO many fun styles in denim right now, just choose a personal favorite and go with it (or like me, choose several!) I hope that answers your question!

Linda Rose said...

Yea! You look so great! I'm glad you like it. I love this outfit. Your sassy red lipstick totally brightens it all up. And I'm in LOVE with that scarf!

b.a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
b.a. said...

LOVE that tote!

b.a. said...

gah! the double-posted comment! so embarassing.

b.a. said...

okay...i think i deleted it. hopefully before anyone laughed at me. :S

Mama Marshmallow said...

I love the back! Just a perfect size.

Allison said...

That is a great outfit on you! You look beautiful. You wear everything well! It's the perfect casual and chic outfi. I love that scarf and blue sweater and those flat boots. I love the whole outfit! Do you by chance know where your friend got the blue sweater? That blue is a great blue.

karen★ said...

that blog friend of yours did a really great job! it looks so great on you! the whole blue & black always looks so pretty when you have it on.

p.s. the bag is so so great. maybe on friday, i'll have to jump over there too!

LyddieGal said...

This outfit is gorgeous! I love the streamlined look - everything is so sleek.

Chic on the Cheap

Sarah said...

great scarf and tote.

The Chirping Perch said...

I started a new job (I will be hitting you up with wardrobe help some spring/summer, lol) so I've been flying though your blog trying to catch up. But I had to stop and say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. It just speaks to me, haha.


 

site design by kelly christine studio