Tuesday, October 5, 2010

my outfit: easy does it!

I wore a variation of this outfit (read: pretty much the same exact outfit) to church on Sunday and after a night of literally no sleep (thanks kids!) - this was the first thing I found (on the floor) on Monday morning. I wasn't going to be picky. I swapped a necklace (wore that to church) for this scarf because Monday morning was like 30 degrees (BRRR!!!) and if you haven't slept at all the night before, the last thing you want to do is freeze your tail off at the bus stop with the kids. On second thought, the last you want to do is ANYTHING. So at least I had a scarf to "hug" me.

But Monday is my "work" morning... so I like to look decent to feel more inspired and I do really love this outfit. Note, I DID take a shower... just didn't do my hair. Thank you hair for being long and for liking to be in a bun, really, thank you. Un-Thank you make-up for not putting yourself on my face and making all signs of no sleep disappear. Better luck next time.


Blazer + scarf + t-shirt + skinnies + flats. I could live in a variation of this outfit for the rest of my life. It's so easy and comes together quickly. I added some simple little earrings to dress it up a bit. I happen to love Swarovski's studs. If you are "into" studs... Swarovski makes gorgeous crystal ones that glow like the real "stuff" and are really high quality. My ears are super sensitive so I need really high quality earrings. And these I could wear everyday (and did for a while... and come to think of it... I could use a new pair!).


Details:
Scarf, Macy's (similar)
Jacket, LOFT (similar)
T-shirt, Target (similar)
Skinnies, Forever 21 (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman
Purse, Kate Spade via GILT - (similar)

 

site design by kiki co.