Tuesday, June 1, 2010

romping around!

The minute you read rompers a lot of you probably thought, ewww, no way, camel-toe, that doesn't fit my body type, I can't pull it off.

Am I right?

Well, just hold your horses and take a look first. I was a bit skeptical at first too (I usually am about new trends for a bit, and then I get over it!). But a romper is just like a little sundress that has a dropped waist or a defined waist and then two short legs instead of one opening for both legs, right?

The rompers I chose here have great flowy lines and some extra space in the middle area if that is a problem area for you. I just love each and every one of these. So. cute.

Oh, and did I mention they are all under $25 each? What a steal!











So what do you think? If you weren't a believer at first... have I swayed you at all? Would you even consider one? I've got one (or two) on my wish list for this summer!

10 comments:

MerciBlahBlah said...

I would romp fo sho. I have seen some CUTE ones recently at the most unlikely of places - Target and Wal Mart (I totally just mistyped Wal Farm - Freudian slip!). Seriously. There are some really adorbs rompers out there.
Merci!
Shannan

Dobbygirl said...

I'm too old for this trend for sure - I'm (gulp) closer to 40 than 30 - I think it would look like I was trying too hard :o) Maybe not? I'm on the fence for me. I do like a couple you featured. Hmmmm...

Ashley said...

I'm still in my 20s and I think I would feel like a 12 year old in a romper. Even the name "romper" seems a little too precious for me. Though, on the other hand, they do seem super easy and I love that first one...we'll see if I cave in.

uncommoncharm said...

Although I think your choices are super cute, they still don't address the number 1 problem with rompers...what do you do when you have to pee? I had an adorable romper in 3rd or 4th grade. My mother said I was completely smitten with it. I was soooo excited to wear it to school; I was not so excited once I had to go to the bathroom. I only wore it once...

Amy said...

i think they're adorable! i love rompers!

Boy Crazy said...

Sorry. I'm sure they'd be darling on you. But all I can think of is this picture of me from Washington DC when I was about 8 in a pink terrycloth romper that I...um...pulled up a little too high. (*cringing*)

So no. I will not be donning a romper this time around.

(love you, girl.)

xo e.

sealaura said...

I love the way they look on the models, but I have tried a few and...ick! I think I prob just haven't found THE right one, so I don't think they are a don't, but I don't see myself jumping on this trend. I am sticking to the nautical french chic look.

M. Ann Tran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen★ said...

If you end up getting one, wear it for an "outfit". Then, maybe....maaaaaybe, I'll try it out. It would be perfect with boys running around though...maybe!

annie said...

I am so on the fence with these... I feel like I need to see a "real" person wearing one to show me how it's done. (Hint, hint!) I did find a super cute one from Ruche (http://www.shopruche.com/lets-get-together-rosy-romper-in-white-p-2576.html) that I almost think might be worth the plunge, but I'm curious: Is there a body size or type that this is going to look best on? As a very petite 20-something, I'm afraid I'll come across looking like a little kid (a little kid with awkwardly long legs). Thoughts?


 

site design by kelly christine studio