Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my outfit: soccer mom!

Everyone is different... but in terms of motherhood, the whole "soccer-mom" phase for me is a much better "place" to be than the "stroller-mom." The toddler years were tough for me (and still are with my two-almost-three year old) but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Especially on soccer Saturdays. My son is becoming so independent on the field and, I know I am biased, but he's quite talented as well.

For now I have a little control over what activities my kids get into... that will change someday, I know, I know. But whatever they decide to do I just love cheering them on. My husband actually tells me at soccer games that I need to be quiet and just let my son play.

But I like to cheer him on and encourage him. I'm not all crazy on the sidelines, don't get me wrong. But my husband is definitely more reserved than I am.

Where am I going with all this? Oh, yeah. This is what I wore to the fields last weekend. Simple, comfortable and stylish. But not overboard. This silk scarf was a gift from Neiman's (ooohhhhh, yesss, NEIMANS!) eons ago. Good style never goes out of style, ladies. And it's silk. I have one other silk scarf and I know why the older generation (silk doesn't seem to be so "in" lately, does it?) just rave over it. It's light as a breeze on your skin but is actually quite warm, but not sweaty or itchy. Just dreamy, creamy silk.

Scarf, Neiman Marcus (similar, similar)
Jacket, Gap (similar, similar)
T-Shirt, Target
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind from GILT (similar)


Dobbygirl said...


Yeah, I'm not digging this toddler run-as-fast-as-you-can-in-the-direction-you-shouldn't-be-going phase at all, the 2's are shaping up to be quite challenging for sure.

sara said...

You look great! My son is six and I agree that this age is much more enjoyable. He was quite a challenge at two and even more so at three. It just gets more and more fun.

Kelly said...

I love that outfit! You need to do a video tutorial on wearing scarfs... they always look goofy on me, I can never seem to get them to sit right.

And my son just turned 2 last month, so I totally know what you mean. Like this morning, he came over when my husband was using the keyboard and started poking at hit. He said "please don't touch the keyboard" so our little guy shouted "No" and started banging on the keyboard instead. Fun. I used to think people were crazy for having 2 kids very close together.... but now I think it might be smart, b/c you get pregnant with the second before the first hits this stage.... b/c now I'm not sure if I could really do this all over again a second time!

PS~Erin said...

I'm in Dobbygirl's stage. Trying to teach my 2 year old to walk with me, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to resort back to the stroller. He's fast! Good thing I've also got a fast 7 year old partner to help me catch him!

Love the scarf. How do you tie that style?

Natalie said...

I gave you two blog awards. :) Check out my blog to see them! :)

karen★ said...

I love soccer weekends...I'm pretty loud out there too (not crazy!). I definitely like the older ones too...I love 2 year olds, so how about you take my 1 yr. & I'll take your 2 yr. & then we can trade back next year!
And the outfit? So perfect for the occasion!
p.s. I've seen your scarf tying video tutorial! So helpful!

Carol Smyth said...

My kids are a bit older and we are on a field 6 days a week. It's amazing how frumpy the average soccer mom (or lacrosse, hockey or field hockey). Good for you for wearing your silk scarf to a game.

Jisoo said...

you must be the most stylish soccer mom in the field! My daughter is four and I am enjoying her more and more. It kind of makes it hard for me to want another little one and start all over again. *sigh*


site design by kelly christine studio