A lot of you loved the Top Ten Summer Essentials I posted last spring... (you can see those posts here and here). And a couple of you have asked for the fall version! So here we go...
Let me first say that there will definitely be some overlapping - but this can be the key to a successful (and affordable!!) wardrobe. Finding items that can move seamlessly through seasons... of course the items will likely be styled differently. But ultimately the goal is to build a classic wardrobe that can WORK FOR YOU all year long!
We'll start with the first five today and I'll bring the second five later this week...
1. Blazer... this was a staple through the spring/summer and now is a must have for fall. Instead of pairing it with cuffed jeans, sandals and tanks for the summer. The blazer can now be paired with warm boots, cozy scarfs and layered tees.
2. Layering Tees... layers are the key to warmth and style this year. Inexpensive tees paired with bold accessories and blazers or cardigans (a la JCrew) equals efforless style!
3. Bold "pops" of color... so yes the term "pops" of color is overused For this fall, keep this cliche in mind. Keep the colors deep and rich but still fun and interesting.
4. Bold neck-wear... these can almost hardly be described as necklaces... necklaces equate dainty and lady-like adornments of the neck. But these are show stoppers. They can be simply paired with a tee shirt and be an instant outfit.
5. Slouchy boots... I can not wait to get my hands on a pair of these. I already have a few that I have been eyeing to buy. They are best paired with skinny and straight leg jeans!
Stay tuned later this week for the second five!
What styles are you eager to get your hands for fall???