Tuesday, May 11, 2021

madewell try on session!

Today I have some Madewell finds for spring I think you all will really like! We are very much still in transitional wear where I live, spring is SLOW to arrive. Today's pieces are great for those cooler spring days on their own, or layered for more warmth. Madewell always has so many great wardrobe staples that work so great for casual days around the house and errands or that can be dressed up for zoom meetings or lunch out with friends. 

Let's take a look at the pieces!


open stitch sweater (above & below)
Sizing: True to size. If you want a more oversized fit (which I would personally prefer) I recommend going up a size. 
Thoughts: I have a similar sweater from last year in stripes and it's still a favorite so I was excited to try this one! A spring sweater is practically a staple here in my area. We are having such a cool spring, brrr. I will be honest that I wished it was a little more oversized and less fitted (as noted in the size guide). Otherwise I LOVE this sweater. It's soft and lightweight and great as an alternative to a sweatshirt on cool days.

Shown with: white jeans, sandals, bag is Polene



linen blend popover (above & below)
Sizing: Runs big, I went down to a size XS with still a nice oversized fit.
Thoughts: This top is GORGEOUS! The perfect spring/summer piece. You can throw a jacket overtop for cool days or wear on it's own with jeans or shorts for warmer days. This pieces is a total classic.

Shown with: blue jeansespadrille sandal (these ran SUPER tight, and I was excited about them, but they just don't work for me - so sad), tote



V-neck muscle tank (above & below)
Sizing: True to size. I'm in my usual size small, you could size up for a more oversized fit too.
Thoughts: This is such a good tee! It's hemp/cotton with a nice texture. The extended sleeves on the tank make it a super flattering cut as well. This is a great summer tee!

Shown with: shorts (runs a little big), sandals, tote



cardigan sweater (above & below)
Sizing: True to size, I'm in my usual size small.
Thoughts: This is such a great spring/summer classic. I've worn it quite a few times like this as a pullover, but it also works with a tank and unbuttoned. I got this one a few months ago, but I just noticed its available in a few new colors too!

Shown with: jeans (a new favorite!), loafers, bag




 

site design by kiki co.