Thursday, April 15, 2021

Nordstrom finds!

 I've got a few fun Nordstrom finds for you for spring/summer... we are having that back and forth spring weather. One day it's T-shirt weather and the next it's sweater weather again. So a few of these are still transitional pieces since that's where I'm at right now. The dresses I ordered for spring break and one was too big and one didn't come in time. So now they will just be for summer! Let's take a look at my finds...

Sizing: Runs very big. I went down a size and it's still too big on the armpits. I'm in an XS here, I suggest sizing down two.
Thoughts: This is GORGEOUS in person, I love this blue (more colors available) for spring and summer. It's just so fresh and summery. It feels like a breath of fresh air. It's perfect for dressing up a bit or just lounging around the house.

Shown with: sandals

white tie-back top - looks like it's sold out at Nordies but fully stocked HERE (above)
Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: This was darling on the website and looked like a tent out of the box. I thought it was going to be a total flop so I didn't even steam it in advance. But it's actually AMAZING in person - I'll be steaming it asap! It's quite boxy but it has a tie in the back so you can pull it tight for a more fitted look or looser for a more flowy look. The v-neck is not too deep and I was worried the fabric would be see through but I had my husband help me test it in a few different light settings and it's not. It's also available in black which would be gorgeous too. I already can not wait to wear this!

Shown with: sandals

Sizing: I'm in my usual size, it's a bit cropped. You could go up a size for more length)
Thoughts: If you aren't a fan of the padded sleeve tank trend (seen here) for spring - this is a great alternative to get the look without the shoulder pads. Plus I think this half tank/half tee look is super flattering on the arms.

Shown with: jeans

Sizing: True to size. I'm in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I just LOVE a puff sleeve top. This trend to me is so easy to wear while still being a little something extra to make an outfit feel special. This one isn't so much a sweatshirt, more of a really thick t-shirt material. It drapes really well, so it's super cozy and casual to wear but looks dressed up.

Shown with: jeans

Sizing: Both are true to size. I am in my usual size small in both.
Thoughts: Let's talk leggings first - I saw this color earlier this winter and instantly fell in love and they sold out so quickly. When I saw they restocked this color I grabbed them asap. I love this pale blue color right now and these leggings are perfect for spring and summer walks. The fabric is soft but very structured making them comfortable and flattering. The half zip sweatshirt is a current obsession - it's a fun take on a sweatshirt (since they are a major percentage of my closet these days). This one is that cloud soft almost fluffy fabric. It's a dream and I love the dolman sleeves. Both pieces are perfect for lounging, workouts or spring walks. 

Shown with: sneakers 



 

site design by kiki co.