Thursday, April 22, 2021

J.Crew try on session!

 Today I'm sharing a few spring/summer wardrobe staples from J.Crew that I think you will really like. There are quite a few gems here and overall there are just lots of great basics for warmer temps. J.Crew sizing can really be all over the place unfortunately so I made sure to outline all the sizing info below. Let's take a look at the pieces...

jeans (above)
Sizing: I'm between 26/27 in jeans and went with the 27 here. I could've maybe gone with the 26 because they are nice and stretchy but the 27 is the perfect size for comfort without being too big. The 9 inch rise is really comfy too. High enough to be flattering but not digging into your stomach.
Thoughts: After featuring these jeans in THIS post I had a few of you specifically say "buy these and try them on" so I caved. ;) But seriously, they are SO good. Stretchy, great light color for spring/summer and the slight flare paired with the distressed hem is so good. Officially my new favorite jeans!

Shown with: tank, slides, bag is Polene

linen tank (above)
Sizing: I went down a size since it looked a little big online. I'm in an XS. I would say go with your usual size for a more oversized fit or down a size for a more fitted look.
Thoughts: I love simple basics like this for spring and summer. Layer it now with a jacket or cardigan and wear later on it's own. The tiny bit of linen gives it a great drapey look that's casual but looks pulled together.

Shown with: jeans

linen pants (above)
Sizing: These run big, I went down a size to XS. Also keep in mind they are more of a high waist fit. I first had them more slouchy on my hips and they looked weird. They fit best right at the waist. 
Thoughts: I had a few of you recommend these to me after sharing the similar linen shorts. Some of you are die hard fans of these pants. I never like the way woven pants look on me - I don't know if it's in my head or valid. I think these are very comfortable but fit a little weird for me in the thigh. These are a great alternative to shorts for warm outside events though. Linen is great for warm days!

Shown with: tank, sandals

Sizing:
The cotton/cashmere sweatshirt fits true to size and oversized a bit. I tried both a small (my true size) and medium. In the end I kept the medium because I want a nice comfy, cozy oversized fit. Either works.
The linen shorts run big. I went down a size to XS. I have these in two other colors (navy & olive green) and found that they stretch a tiny bit after wearing them so you don't want them too big. 
Thoughts: This sweatshirt is SO good, I wore it straight out of the box. It's perfectly lightweight for spring days, cool summer nights or chilly days at the beach. This is such an instant classic - I'm already wanting it in more colors. The shorts are a total classic, like I mentioned I already have them in two other colors. They are great for everyday summer wear or as a swim cover up too.


Sizing: Runs a little big. I went down a size to XS. Fits great.
Thoughts: I absolutely love simple tank dresses like this. This dress is perfect for around the house, over swim, for date night, with the kids at the park, you name it! If you aren't into black there are some other gorgeous colors too. I can't recommend this enough! 

Shown with: sandals, similar bag



 

site design by kiki co.