Wednesday, March 31, 2021

spring book recommendations!

 It's been a while since I've done a book post around here! I know, I know! If you want up to the date info on what I am reading I highly recommend you sign up for my email newsletter. Each THURSDAY I send out what book I am reading at the moment. And since I average about a book a week, it's usually a new book featured each week. But anyway... today we ARE talking books and I thought it would be fun to round up some of my FAVORITES over the past year.

I love warm weather reading... reading at the beach, on vacation, at the pool, on the porch, in a chair in the sun in the driveway... I'm game for it all! So whether or not you are reading in the sun in your driveway or somewhere more tropical this spring and summer, here are some reads I highly recommend!


Historical Fiction

The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah, I love everything Hannah writes and this book was no exception. The Great Depression in the in the time of the Dust Bowl - it's heartbreaking and beautiful.

Meet Me In Monaco by Hazel Gaynor, If you love following the Royal family you will love this story of American Princess.

The Queen's Fortune: A Novel of Desiree, Napoleon, and the Dynasty That Outlasted the Empire by Allison Pataki, In my opinion, no one does historical fiction as well as Pataki. She introduces you to characters and pieces of history that you never knew you wanted to know about!

Contemporary Fiction

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle, This story does not take you where you think you are going. It's a tear jerker too!

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell, I don't usually go for creepy or thriller type books. But when I do I want it to be worth it! This one completely is!

Time Travel Fiction

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab, Time travel meets historical fiction meets an epic love story. I couldn't put this one down.

Time After Time by Lisa Grunwald, I have to admit I just love a good time traveling book. This one is very well done and the story is still one I think about!

Feel Good Fiction

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, What if you could change your life, your reality at a whim? Haig's books are beautiful and he's outspoken on the issue of mental health which shows in his beautiful writing. This one was a page turner.

The City Baker's Guide to Country Living by Louise Miller, The feel good book that will make you crave a day in the kitchen baking - or a trip to your favorite bakery!

Non-Fiction

My Friend Anna: The True Story of a Fake Heiress by Rachel DeLoache Williams, This book is straight crazy. And true! If you want something a little different than your usual novels this reads like a novel but it's a true story.

Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottleib, I'm trying to read more non-fiction lately and this is a fascinating look at the life of a therapist and her therapist.

Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life by Susan David, This is the book we all need post-2020. I read this a few years ago and then revisisted it recently. It's important reading for this crazy time in our world. David also has some great podcast appearances - so if you are interested in her work look her up on your favorite podcast app too!


 

site design by kiki co.