Friday, March 12, 2021

Madewell early spring try on session!

I've got just a few Madewell finds for your today... I always love Madewell for great jeans and wardrobe staples that become wardrobe favorites and great shoes. Today I have a little bit of all of that! Plus I finally found that holy grail piece that I've been looking for for what feels like forever: the PERFECT white button front top. I'm super excited to share it because I truly have been looking for the just-right white button front top for a while now and tried quite a few that I never really liked. This one is perfectly crispy but also soft and has a great oversized fit that's also super flattering... I think you will really love it as well. 

Let's take a look at the pieces...

sweater tank (above)
Sizing: True to size. I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I just LOVE a sweater tank. I had one similar many years ago and wore the heck out of it. It's great on it's own for spring or fall and is GREAT to layer with. You can pop blazers or jackets over it so easily for a great spring look.

gingham top (above)
Sizing: True to size, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I adore this piece. It's classic and a little preppy but the rusty beige is such a popular color that it's also very modern too. It works GREAT with white jeans and I can't wait to wear it this spring and summer.
Shown with: white jeans (my favorite from last season is back!)

Sizing: I'm between a 26/27 in Madewell jeans. This pair is a 27. 
Thoughts: This is a great pair of lighter washed jeans for spring. I love the crop length on these because they fit my 5'4 frame just perfect. When I tried these on I realized I have the almost exact pair from last year at this time. So this pair is going back for me - but I still highly recommend them!

Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: I FINALLY found the perfect white button front top. I'm almost tempted to buy another as a back up! That's how good this is... It's a little oversized and perfectly slouchy. I also love that it's a little longer in the back. I'm in love.

Shown with: denim shorts (these run a little big, I'm between a 26/27 and took these in a 26 and they are still perfectly slouchy)

woven sandals (above)
Sizing: True to size.
Thoughts: I love a woven anything... bag, shoes, etc. It's so classic but also chic. This pair of slides is no exception. Plus, I love the square toe. They are available in a few colors too. These are the perfect pair of sandals to pair with dresses, shorts or jeans.

black jeans (above)
Sizing: I'm between a 26/27 in Madewell jeans. This pair is a 26.
Thoughts: I just LOVE the Perfect Vintage by Madewell. This is the ideal "modern" jean for me that is also super approachable. While I am still happily wearing skinny jeans, I can see that more of a straight leg is a trend right now too. I can accept it - haha! I think this pair is super approachable to stay on trend but still true to my personal style.




 

site design by kiki co.