Monday, March 1, 2021

J.Crew try on session!

 What's better than some fresh new spring duds? These pieces from J.Crew are patiently waiting in my closet for some warmer weather and I can't wait to wear them! J.Crew does spring so well with fresh classics that feel modern but also like you want to wear them forever. Let's take a look at some of my finds...

Sizing: The striped sweater is HUGE... I am wearing a size medium here - which I accidentally ordered instead of a small - and while I love it oversized, I just reordered for an extra small. I will report back!
The shorts run a little big too. I went down to an extra small. They fit a tiny big snug but the linen relaxes as you wear them.
Thoughts: This sweater, while WAY too big, is great. I see getting lots of wear out of this for spring and summer. I love the stripes and the flowy fit. It's going to look great with white jeans too. The shorts are a favorite from last year (I have the olive green) that I reordered this year in navy because I wore the olive green so much last year.  Both of these are instant classics!

Sizing: The sweater is a size small and a little too big, so I just reordered in size extra small. I will report back but I have a feeling it will fit SO much better. For sizing on shorts, see above. 
Thoughts: Another gem... I love both the stripe and the solid. These are the types of tops I LOVE to wear for spring and summer. Light and breezy and classic.

striped dress (above)
Sizing: This dress runs true to size. I am in my usual size small. The body fits nicely, the sleeves are a little boxy so I rolled them.
Thoughts: I love a striped dress! So classic and easy to wear for spring and summer. This one is nice thick fabric so it's super flattering and the gold buttons at the shoulders are a nice touch.

Sizing: I always take a 4 in swimsuits at J.Crew or a small bottom and medium top. That is what size these two are and they fit great.
Thoughts: I just LOVE J.Crew swimsuits. It's pretty much the only swim brand I own. They are cute and hold up really well. Plus I think the silhouettes are super flattering as a middle aged woman. I don't want anything too low cut or skimpy. These suits are comfortable, modest and look great.



 

site design by kiki co.