Friday, January 22, 2021

old navy try on session!

 I have some REALLY cute pieces to show you from Old Navy today... their offerings right now are incredible. I found so many cute items and I was impressed by the quality on each piece. Old Navy has long been a favorite for trendier pieces in my closet. My closet is mostly simple and classic pieces, but I always enjoy throwing in a few 'fun' pieces each season and I feel like Old Navy does a great job with both quality and price point for those types of pieces. Their athleisure offerings right now are really great (I'll show you a few!) and they even have a few more springy pieces popping up that I am loving to see!


long cardigan (above & below)
Sizing: I went down one size. This runs big.
Thoughts: This cardigan is GORGEOUS. It's a nice and heavy weight with great long cut and nice pockets. It's perfect for work from home or as a light jacket if you live somewhere warmer. It's also available in a neutral beige and grey.  Here I paired it with jeans, but the website shows it with leggings which is also a very cute look too. Again, the quality is great on this and I highly recommend!




high waist jeans (above & below)
Sizing: I went with my usual size at Old Navy (4) and these are HUGE. Definitely size down one.
Thoughts: I snagged these to see how they compare to the two pairs of Agolde jeans I have. I'm often asked for a less expensive option to the Agolde and these are definitely a great option. These were HUGE on me but I have pretty good confidence that if I went down a size they would fit and look much better. I really love the distressing on them and the button fly gives them the 90's vibe like the Agoldes.

 



tie dye dress (above)
Sizing: I went down a size. Old Navy dresses tend to run big for me. I'm in an XS.
Thoughts: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. Not only is this just a tiny peek into spring that I need right now (without screaming spring), it's just so dang cute. I love a dress with long sleeves and tie dye is going to be big again this spring. What I love about this tie dye is that it's subtle and chic but also fun too. The fabric is a nice soft cotton that doesn't cling and the hem has two nice side slits to make the midi length comfortable and easy to walk in. If you live somewhere warmer I think you could wear this now, it would also be a great around the house dress since it's so comfy. I can't wait to pack it in my spring break suitcase.



Sizing: Runs big, I am still in my usual size small.
Thoughts: This is one of my favorites in the bunch by a long shot. The dusty mauve color is so pretty in person (it comes across a little red here, but it's definitely more of a mauve). I really love the mock neck and oversized cut, this looks much more expensive than it is in my opinion. It will be perfect for cozy days at home and this spring as an extra layer for walks.




tie dye sweatshirt (above & below)
Sizing: True to size, this is my usual size small. 
Thoughts: This is SO cute. I already have two tie dye sweatshirts from Old Navy and love them both. They are soft but not too thick and this design is so fun. It works great with leggings around the house or would be darling with a denim jacket added.




hoodie sweatshirt (above & below)
Sizing: Runs a little oversized, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: This sweatshirt is NEXT LEVEL cozy. It's perfect for those super chilly winter days when you just can't warm up. The hoodie/turtleneck combo here is genius and makes it so warm. I love it for around the house or you could add an oversized coat for running errands. It's available in LOTS of colors too.

Styled with: leggings, similar or similar sneakers, coat



Sizing: Runs big, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: Wow. This is incredibly warm and cozy. I think it's probably too big on me, I wish I would've sized down one. The knit fabric is so gorgeous and billowy and warm. This is a great cozy weekend piece for sure.




 

site design by kiki co.