Monday, November 9, 2020

Nordstrom Try Ons!

 Today I've got a little Nordstrom haul for you... to be honest I didn't realize I ordered this many pieces until the box arrived. Yikes! But as usual, these try on sessions are just that: me trying on pieces like I would in a fitting room and keeping what works and sending back what doesn't. Today there are some pieces I really loved and a few I was so-so on. Let's take a look at the pieces...

(above & below) tie dye top
Sizing: I am in a small, could've gone up to a medium
Thoughts: I have mixed feelings on this top. It's much thinner than I thought it would be and also the pattern is so different in person than online - which isn't too surprising since it's tie dye. It's a cropped cut so I think I would've liked it a little longer. Also I paired it here with jeans and in retrospect it would've been cuter with leggings. Meh, I'm undecided but leaning towards returning.

Styled with: jeans, sneakers


(above & below) cowl neck sweater and jeans
Sweater sizing: This sweater runs quite large. I went down one size to size XS and it's still nice and roomy.
Jeans sizing: I'm between a 26 and 27 in jeans and always take a 27 in this brand. They fit perfect.

Thoughts: I am in a slump with jeans and feel like I am always pulling for the same two pairs so I wanted to try something different. These are nice and slim but not a skinny and have great stretch to them. Agolde jeans always have such nice high quality fabric and these are no different. The denim is soft but thick and flattering. This sweater is GREAT. Super soft, no wool and I love the drapey cowl neck. This is a classic fall piece and it's available in quite a few colors too. Plus it has a great tunic length to wear with leggings.

Styled with: loafers


(above & below) v-neck sweater
Sizing: This sweater runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: This sweater is gorgeous in person and so soft. It can be difficult to find sweaters that are v-neck and also quite warm so this is the best of both here. I highly recommend this beauty!

Styled with: jeans, flats


Cardigan sizing: I went down a size per the size guide, but could've done my usual size too. I am in an XS here.
Jeans sizing: I am usually between a 26 and 27 and ordered a 2 & a 4. The 4 fit best.
Thoughts: This cardigan sweater is gorgeous! In person it reminds me a lot of this cardigan that I already own, so I am going to return it... but this one is less expensive if you are looking for something like this! It's very soft and the color is just gorgeous! Again, I'm in such a rut with jeans lately so I thought I would try this brand which is new to me. They fit great and are very comfortable and flattering. I'm a little undecided about the distressing since I don't usually wear jeans with distressing. 

Styled with: tank (old from Target), loafers


(above) joggers
Sizing: I went down a size to XS. These run big in my opinion.
Thoughts: These are the same material as the all-day legging. Super soft and stretchy but still quite thick. Sometimes joggers can be so thin they don't feel very flattering, but I felt like this pair was still quite flattering, especially around the waist. I also love that this pair doesn't have a drawstring, which can sometimes get in the way of tucking in a top or just feel like extra bulk. These are a great price too! I highly recommend these!

Sizing: I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: This top is probably my favorite out of the entire haul. It's so soft and cozy and I'm obsessed with the big cowl neck. You could wear this over work out clothes, with leggings around the house or even layered under a big winter coat for super cold days. It's incredibly cozy and appealing for winter. I can see myself grabbing for this piece often!



 

site design by kiki co.