Monday, October 19, 2020

J.Crew Try On!

I grabbed a few new items from J.Crew recently and while usually everything from J.Crew are clear winners, that wasn't the case this time. I still wanted to show them to you though and LOTS of pieces are on mega sale right now! Let's take a look at the pieces...


flannel plaid top (above & below)
Sizing: This is a size 2 and fits in the arms and length but the shoulders and armpits were super tight. 
Thoughts: I love this simple plaid pattern. It's so classic and easy to wear. Plus I love that the flannel is soft and warm but not super thick.
Shop the look: flannel plaid top, jeans, trench, flats



Sizing: This top is fitted and meant to be cropped in the arms and length. It's very much a retro cut - it reminds me of J.Crew of the 90s.  I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I LOVE this top. It's so classic and beautiful. I don't usually wear a fitted sweater but I really love this one. I also got this in brown (which is now sadly sold out).
Shop the look: cable knit bobble sweaterjeans, jacket (size down), similar loafers



swingy mockneck coat (above & below)
Sizing: I went with an XS since J.Crew coats usually run big.
Thoughts: I really wanted to like this and waited for it to go on sale, but in person it's a little disappointing. I love the mockneck but the rest feels a little lifeless. This one is getting returned sadly.



blazer jacket (above & below)
Sizing: I went with an XS and it fits great.
Thoughts: I have mixed feelings on this jacket. I love it in theory but I don't think it looks particularly flattering.
Shop the look: blazer jacket, sweaterjeansloafers



mockneck sweater (above & below)
Sizing: This sweater is true to size.
Thoughts: This sweater is from last year and I'm excited to wear it again this year. And even more excited to see that it's back in stock. It's available in LOTS of colors and this exact color doesn't look to be available this year, but there are so many to choose from.
Shop the look: mockneck sweaterjeansflats



Sizing: True to size, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: This sweater is from 2 years ago and I still love it so much. It looks like the hem is slightly different this year but otherwise it's exactly the same. I love how soft and stretchy this sweater is - it's so comfortable to wear. Plus it works great with leggings or jeans. It's available in so many colors.




 

site design by kiki co.