Wednesday, October 28, 2020

8 outfit basics for fall & winter!

 Today's post originated with the desire to pull together a fall capsule. I did one last fall and last spring that were both very well received and also much requested from you all. But for this fall life just seems so wacky still and I was having a terrible time pulling together a true "capsule." The pieces I chose just didn't vibe well together or I was at a loss of what to even choose. I knew I wanted the pieces and the looks to just be comfortable. I wanted them to be versatile enough to dress up and down and wear around the house, work at home or maybe to pop out for errands - since that's about all we are still doing these days, you know?

Then I realized I had procrastinated so long that it's almost winter - oops! So instead of a TRUE capsule this is more of just a round up of 8 pieces that I know I will be wearing on repeat over the next few months. If you are looking for some really solid staples for your wardrobe this fall and winter, I highly recommend these pieces. I styled each piece up a few ways to give some ideas on how to wear them... but these pieces are pretty fool proof, I'm sure any way you wear them will be great! I could've chosen SO many more, but I tried to edit myself!

Here are the 8 pieces I chose: 

black jeans (true to size)

blue straight jeans (runs a little big, if between sizes, go down)

brown ribbed sweater (true to size) 

mock neck sweatshirt (true to size)

white waffle knit sweater (true to size, fits oversized)

black turtleneck (looks nothing like the online rendition, runs big, size down)

joggers (runs big, size down)

grey cardigan (runs big, size down)


Let's take a look at some outfits!













 

site design by kiki co.