Wednesday, October 21, 2020

6 ways to style: athleisure for fall!

 For September I was really digging sweaters and flats and jeans... and I'm not ditching those any time soon, but for October I am REALLY feeling athleisure looks. Athleisure style has been around for a few years now, but I think we can all agree that 2020 is really it's time to shine. ;) Pairing leggings, sneakers and sweatshirts with more everyday pieces like denim, sweaters and everyday outerwear makes for pulled together looks that are the height of comfort as well. 

When I pull together athleisure looks I always try to add one little element that makes the outfit spark. So a dressier jacket, a little extra details on the leggings or even a beautiful sweater can make sneakers and leggings or joggers really shine. Today I pulled together 6 athleisure looks that I'm really loving right now... let's take a look at the outfits.



Outfit 1 (above)
I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of black joggers and I may have found them! This pair is super affordable and a little dressier than standard sweats. Paired with a cowl neck sweatshirt and a denim jacket this outfit is ready for errands, the carpool or lounging around the house.

Shop the look: joggers (run big, I went down to an XS), sweatshirt, denim jacket, sneakers



Outfit 2 (above)
Leggings and a sweatshirt are always a good combo in my opinion! I love that these leggings have subtle Moto details on the legs to add a little bit of interest to the look. This sweatshirt has POCKETS - need I say more? And these fur lined birks have been the best fall purchase. This look is great for weekends around the house.

Shop the look: sweatshirt (true to size, I am in a small), leggings, birkenstocks


Outfit 3 (above)
My trick for fall and winter is to just put a cute coat on! Do I have pajamas on underneath here? Maybe. Haha! But seriously, a cute coat goes a long way in the fall and winter. I love this cozy teddy coat over leggings and a sweatshirt.

Shop the look: similar or similar coat, sweatshirt, leggings, slides


Outfit 4 (above)
I love an all black look for fall and winter (or really, any day!) and it's so easy to pull off with an athleisure look. I paired some super flattering leggings with a favorite oversized sweater and it's perfect for around the house. When I need to run errands or run the carpool I simply pop on a coat and loafers with it! So easy and so comfortable.

Shop the look: jacket, sweater, leggings, loafers


Outfit 5 (above)
You can definitely still throw some jeans in the mix if you are feeling that too. Jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers are one of my favorite combos. It's just so easy and perfect for busy days. I just snagged these sneakers and they are a little out of my usual comfort zone, but so cute! What do you think?

Shop the look: sweatshirt (runs big), jeans, sneakers


Outfit 6 (above)
Joggers and a sweater is one of my go-to combos lately and its one I just LOVE. These joggers are buttery soft and paired with a cream sweater it's my dream outfit. I topped it with a trench to dress it up a bit for errands or out and about.

Shop the look: trench (runs big, size down), joggers, sweater, sneakers or similar less expensive sneakers



 

site design by kiki co.