Thursday, May 7, 2020

amazon try on session!

I haven't done an Amazon try on post in so long! And to be honest I ordered most of these items WEEKS ago and they arrived so slowly... talk about a slow burn. Haha! But seriously I think shipping speeds are starting to catch up for some retailers but patience is a virtue with Amazon lately. Oh the days of one- or two-day shipping - I miss them! But I've got some winners and some losers here... there are some great wardrobe staples here and a few items that I loved but sizing was wrong. So I will be sure to make sizing notes as we go along... let's take a look at some of the pieces.

striped dress (above)
I love a striped dress! And I really love a dress with sleeves... so this dress has a lot going for it right away. My only complaint is that this dress is a touch short. For reference I am wearing a size small and I am 5'4. 
Shown with: denim jacket, sandals

Let's talk about the good here first... I love the length of this dress. It's hard to find a super flowy long maxi dress that also isn't way too long. I also love the sleeves. But this is weirdly fitted through the torso and stomach so I find that to be not very flattering. I am in my usual size small. You could go up a size, but I fear that would make it too long. In the end, this is going back for me, but I love the idea of it. 
Shown with: sandals

grey top (above)
I thought this top was more like a sweatshirt but in reality it's definitely more t-shirt material. If you love a long tunic to wear with leggings this is perfect... it's longer in the back and has a gorgeous tulip hem in the front. The fabric is super soft and it's true to size. I am in my usual size small. I am wearing it with my favorite lounge leggings - also an Amazon favorite and they run true to size also.

sweat shorts (above)
I absolutely LOVE these shorts. They are perfect loungewear for spring and summer. They have pockets and an adorable tulip hem. These are super mom friendly for hanging out with kiddos too. These run very big though. I am in a size small and they don't look so big in the photo, but in real life these were way too big on me. They are definitely worth reordering in a smaller size. But be suer to size down when ordering.
Shown with: similar tank

long cardigan (above)
This is one of my favorite pieces in the bunch. It's super soft, is perfectly drapey and I love the pockets. This cardigan runs big though, I am in my usual size small and I was going to maybe keep it and wear it oversized, but I think it's just too big. This is definitely worth exchanging for a smaller size. It's gorgeous!
Shown with: jeanssimilar tanksandals

sunglasses (above)
If you are like me, the last thing you need is another pair of sunglasses. But I just couldn't resist these cuties! They are so fun to wear and actually quite comfortable - I don't always find inexpensive sunglasses to be comfortable. But I really love these. They just scream summer and I love wearing them. Plus, you can't beat the price!

jogger pants (above)
I saved the absolute best for last here and that is these AMAZING joggers. Made from a mineral wash fabric that is hard to describe. It's soft like cotton, but drapey like a blend. And it's pure heaven! Perfectly soft and cozy, while also being a little dressier than standard sweats or workout joggers - these pants are a new favorite straight out of the box. They are true to size, I am in my usual size small.
Shown with: similar tank




 

site design by kiki co.