Monday, January 20, 2020

J.Crew try on session!

Today I have a J.Crew try on session for you with some gorgeous winter sweaters! You all probably know by now that I wear a lot of sweaters in the winter and they are my top of choice when the weather is so cold.  Right now all these pieces are 30% off at J.Crew - so now is the time to stock up. We have a lot of winter left to survive and cozy sweaters definitely make it easier!  Let's take a look and I will include sizing info below too!

I love a mockneck sweater these days and this one is so cozy and soft!  I love the chunky knit and the slouchy feel to this one. It runs true to size, I am in a size small. 
Shown with: jeans (true to size), ankle boots

This one is by far my favorite of the bunch. It's incredibly soft and I think a waffle knit is so beautiful. It's got a great high-low hem making it super flattering too. I am wearing a size small here, it's true to size, but I also think you could size up for a slouchier feel that would look cute with leggings too.
Shown with: black jeans (I went up one size), flats

This is another FAVORITE. It's cotton so it's not itchy at all and the chunky knit is very warm and comfortable. I love, love, love this one and I've really been digging black sweaters lately. It's available in quite a few colors and is true to size, I am in a size small.
Shown with: jeans (I went up one size), flats

No one does stripes as good as J.Crew and this sweater is classic J.Crew gold. I love it. It's quite oversized - I went down a size to an XS - but I loved the oversized slouchy feel with jean and sneakers. This is another instant favorite!
Shown with: jeans (true to size), sneakers (go down a size)

(above) Sophie Blazer
I love this blazer so much I now own it in three colors. I also have camel and a creamy white and now black. It's SO versatile and while it's easy to dress up for the office with a blouse or with black jeans and flats - I styled it more casual here to show that it works great this way too. This blazer runs large so I suggest going down one size, I am in the XS here.
Shown with: jeans (true to size), t-shirt, sneakers or similar sneakers

(above) Sweater Hoodie
This hoodie is giving me all the early 2000s vibes. I was intrigued by it because I love that it's a hoodie but also a sweater and I think there is a lot of fun layering options here. But this fit SO SMALL. It was skin tight and since you probably don't want to wear it on it's own (that may be weird) I would definitely suggest going up a size. It's super soft and cute but this just didn't work for me. I am in my usual size small here - so definitely go up a size.




Final thoughts...
I rarely keep everything I try on. I treat these try on sessions just like a fitting room... try some things, see what works, see what doesn't work and then make decisions. Here are my final thoughts on these pieces...

Marled Donegal Mockneck Sweater - I liked this a lot... but didn't love it as much as some of the other pieces. Plus I have a similar chunky knit white sweater that I already own. This one is going back.

High-Low Waffle Knit Sweater - this definitely a favorite! She's a keeper!

Cable Knit Mock Neck Sweater - another big favorite. I would consider snagging this in another color too. It's really comfortable and I think the cut is very flattering too. Another keeper!

Striped Boyfriend Sweater - this one makes the cut too. I really like this and I think it's going to be really fun to style and wear this winter.

Sophie Blazer - a keeper! I can see getting lots of wear out of this one!

Sweater Hoodie - I really wanted to love this. But the fit was too tight... so it's going back.









 

site design by kiki co.