Monday, December 9, 2019

amazon try on session!

I've got a great Amazon try on session for you all today! Who doesn't love a good Amazon haul? I've got some great pieces and some so-so pieces as always is the case with Amazon. But here I am trying them all on for you and dishing on what I like or love about them or what's just a little off.  Read on for sizing tips too!

Keep in mind I don't keep everything from my try on posts... I treat them just like a fitting room at a brick and mortar store. I try a few things and keep the ones I love. I'll dish on what I am keeping and what gets sent back below... so read on for all the tea.

Let's take a look at the pieces, shall we?

I don't usually go for hoodies but this striped one caught my eye! It's so cute with leggings or a coat thrown over top for a casual day around the house or running errands. I am in my usual size small here and would prefer it a bit bigger. So if you like a slouchy fit, go up a size.
Shop the pieces: hoodie, leggings, sneakers, coat, bag

(above) Batwing Top
This is what I like to call an "amazon special" - it's a really great piece but not without it quirks. First off, it's super flattering and very soft. I LOVE IT. But this top is a one size fits all and I would say that it fits like a medium - so this won't work for everyone, which is super frustrating.  It's a great price and like said, super soft and flattering - so pluses and minuses here. 

I have this sweater in black already and first showed it to you here. This sweater is a BIG winner. I just love it.  My only complaint is I wouldn't liked more grey to the color - but like I said I have it in black and there are other colors available - and the color is growing on me. It's PERFECT with leggings and definitely has that Free People vibe to it. I have the black in small and the grey in x-small. I think the XS fits better, but it's so oversized either works.

(above) Grey Cardigan left/right
This is the battle of the two cardigans and the one of the right is the clear winner. I am in a size small in both of them and the one on the left looks shrunken and fits odd. The fit on the right cardigan is MUCH better. I will say both have great fabric feel, the left is lightweight and very soft (so I would size up if you still want that lighter feel) and the right is much heavier and feels so much more expensive than it is! I also ordered this white tee which is has a great cut and fabric feel but runs very small. I am in the size small and it feels tiny on me. I like it, but will need to size up.

This sweater is 100% cotton so if you aren't into wool sweaters this one is a great option that feels wintery but is soft too. I love it with winter boots, hat and a puffer coat. It just has mega winter vibes! I am in a size small and it fits true to size!
Shop the pieces: sweater, jeans, boots, coat, hat


Final Thoughts...

Striped Hoodie - this one is going back for a bigger size, definitely cute but I want that oversized feel to it.
Batwing Top - it's a keeper! So soft and cozy to wear!
Mockneck Sweater - this is a keeper, although I may exchange it for another color.
- Thin Grey Cardigan - in it's defense it is listed as 3/4 sleeve, but it still fits weird. Go up a size on this if you decide to buy. This one is going back for me.
- Thick Grey Cardigan - KEEPER. This one has me tempted to buy it in multiple colors. It's SO GOOD.
- White Tee - going back! Too small... I'll probably reorder in a size up!
Marled Turtleneck Sweater - so cute. Still deciding on this one because I like a few other sweaters more and I just can't keep them all. It's so cozy though.

 

site design by kiki co.