Monday, November 11, 2019

Nordstrom try on session!

Today I have some fun late fall/winter try ons for you from Nordstrom! It's definitely starting to be snuggly season and I'm loving these cozy pieces for everyday wear or even upcoming Thanksgiving celebrations.

Always keep in mind with try on sessions that I don't keep everything. Just like you would do in a fitting room, I order a few pieces, try them on and then see which I like or love and and keep in mind what holes I may have in my closet.  I will give you my final thoughts on all of the pieces below (what I keep and what I don't) and will include sizing info too!

You won't believe how cozy this black fleece sweatshirt is! OMG! It's like wearing a big teddy hug. This is such a cute piece for winter - you can pop it on with jeans and sneaks, throw it over workout clothes on the way to the gym or even just wear it with your pjs! This would make a great gift too, because seriously who could resist this? The sizing said it was oversized so I went down to an XS. I would say go with your usual size for a slouchier fit or down a size for a more true to size fit. 

If you want the "mom jean" look without the discomfort of no-stretch denim then this pair is for you! They fit like skinny jeans on top and are more straight through. the leg. I love this super dark finish too. They look really sharp with flats. I am usually a 26 or 27 in this brand but the 26 is a touch big. So I would recommend going down one or two sizes even. They are quite stretchy. (I originally bought these at Nordstrom but now they are out of stock there - so I linked another retailer)

This brand makes the BEST oversized sweaters and yes they are a little on the pricey side, but they are just SO good. I know I will wear this a TON this winter. So it's worth it for me for sure. The fabric is super soft and it works with straight leg jeans, skinny jeans or it would be cute with leggings too. This piece is oversized, I went down one size to an XS.  Also HOW CUTE is this color blocked hat?  Snag one for yourself and the gals on your holiday list!

This sweater is gorgeous in person. It has a fun slouchy neck and has great drape to it. It's very soft without any itchy wool feelings. This cream version has a tiny thread of gold in it, which I couldn't tell online - just FYI. It's beautiful in person though. It's also available in lots of other colors. This sweater fits quite oversized, I went down one size to an XS and it fits perfectly (like a small). I love it with both blue and black jeans.

This sweater is super soft and stretchy and I love the mockneck cut. It's also quite long, I have it tucked in here but you could def wear it with leggings and your bottom would be covered. This sweater is available in a few colors and is true to size, I am in the size small. 

Final Thoughts:
Black Fleece Sweatshirt - so cute and cozy! I'm going to keep this one!
Stretchy Straight Leg Jeans - these are going back simply because they don't fit, I'm going to reorder in a new size though!
Oversized Cream Sweater - definitely a keeper, I am OBSESSED.
Cream Ribbed Sweater - this is a keeper. It's so beautiful.
Thermal Mockneck Sweater - this one is going back simply because I can't keep everything and I like other items more. Also the color is a little off for me, I would've liked it in black better I think.





 

site design by kiki co.