Monday, September 16, 2019

ankle boot review for fall!

I am in the market for a new pair of ankle boots this fall... so I ordered three pairs to choose from and thought it would be fun to take you through my thoughts on each pair and let you know which pair I ended up deciding to keep as well. I had my eyes on a few pairs and I really wanted to see how they looked and felt in person. So I ordered a few pairs to try and home and I'm glad I did because with a purchase like ankle boots sometimes they can look or feel different than they look online. And this was totally the case with these boots... while I truly LIKED all of them, in the end I fell in LOVE with one pair. There are no bad reviews here - and trust me, I would tell you if something was off - I really did like each pair in their own way.

I'm looking for a "beige" or "greige" color boot for fall. I have both brown and black ankle boots that I am loving for now. But all of these boots are available in several colors - so if you are looking for a classic black or brown there should be something here for you too!



Info: This boot is available in 9 (nine!) color options and was the most expensive of the three I tried. I am usually between a 6.5 and 7 and the 7 fit me perfectly.
My thoughts: I had hoped this boot would be more of a beige than a grey. But to me this boot was just grey.  So I didn't love the color. I also tried the boot in the "rhum suede" color which was to orange-ish for me. I think this boot is absolutely gorgeous and I've seen it on other bloggers and loved it. The pointy toe was a little to severe (and also my black ankle boots have pointy toes, so I didn't want another pointy pair) but on the other hand I really liked the heel height on this one. So while there was lots to love about this boot. In the end, it wasn't the boot for me.
(shown with: floral top, jeans)



Info: This boot is available in 5 classic colors and is the least expensive of the boots I tried. I am usually between a 6.5 and 7 and the 7 fit me great.
My thoughts: For being the least expensive of the bunch I was the most impressed by this boot. It's comfortable, I liked the heel height and the color was very nice. I think this boot looks much better in person than it did online.  In the end this boot isn't the one I chose, but through no fault of it's own. It's a great boot and a great price! Be sure to check out the other colors too because I think this boot comes in the most classic selection of colors. I'm sure the Cognac and Black suede are each gorgeous... but since I'm not in the market for those colors I passed on them.
(shown with: jeans, sweater)


 

Info: This boot is available in 6 classic colors and I found that it runs big. I am wearing the 6.5 - the 7 was quite big on me.
My thoughts: I initially thought I wanted a lower heel on the boot I chose but I just threw these in the cart because they are so classic. In the end this is the boot I ended up falling in love with. The color is JUST RIGHT for me, they are very comfortable and I loved the stitching detail and pull-on loop at the back. I just loved everything about these. Love at first sight. I can see getting a lot of use out of these this fall and winter. 
(shown with: sweater, jeans)



 

site design by kiki co.