Thursday, August 29, 2019

6 ways to style a sweater blazer!

Today I have a new SIX WAYS TO STYLE for you! If you are new around here (or even if you just need a few extra outfit ideas) you can see the full archive here. There are TONS of outfit ideas there so it's a great place to visit if you are feeling stuck. This series is all about shopping my closet and creating outfits with the pieces I already own. New clothes are fun (and believe me, one of my favorite things!) but it's not necessary to always be buying new to help make your closet feel fresh.

Today I am styling up this very popular sweater blazer... it's probably been one of my all time best sellers over time. Everyone LOVES this blazer and it's no wonder why. It's comfortable, looks way dressier than it feels, it seems to go with any thing and instantly pulls together an outfit. You've likely already seen it pop up in other 6 ways to style posts! So if it looks familiar that's why... I could probably make about 100 outfits with this cutie!

Today I styled up 6 looks that are perfect for summer to fall. We've had chilly mornings and evenings so an extra layer like this one is perfect!  Keep in mind this fits quite oversized... I went down one size (so I am in an XS here) but some people have said they have gone down two sizes.


Outfit 1
We still have a few weeks of shorts weather and why not take advantage of it? Popping this blazer on over shorts and a striped tee is perfect for these fall-ish days we have been having. (shop the pieces: blazer, similar striped tee, shorts - runs very small, size up 2 sizes!, sneakers)

Outfit 2
This is another great look as we transition to fall. This simple tank jumpsuit is the perfect base layer for a busy day of mom-duties or working at home. Then I simply popped on the blazer over to dress it up a bit! (shop the pieces: blazer, similar or jumpsuit, sandals, circle bag)

Outfit 3
If you need a dressier look for a casual work environment or school meetings, etc this look is so classic and simple! (shop the pieces: blazer, linen shirt, jeans, leopard mules)

Outfit 4
I always have to sneak in a look with leggings! These Spanx leggings are a long time favorite and since they are thicker fabric they've been put away for the summer. I can't wait to wear them again. And my flats made from recycled water bottles are such a favorite. They are crazy comfortable! (shop the pieces: blazer, blouse - runs big, size down!, leggings - true to size!, flats)

Outfit 5
This bodysuit is PERFECT for layering this fall. It feels like second skin and totally sucks you in. Plus it's so smooth under a blazer it doesn't feel awkward or bunchy - which happens easily. You can see this bodysuit styled here too. Paired with loafers this is another great work or meeting look. (shop the pieces: blazer, bodysuit - true to size!, jeans - runs big, size down!, loafers)

Outfit 6
I like to take a few risks with the 6 ways to style posts and this look is a little edgier than I usually go - but I like it! I was hesitant on this rock band-style tee when I ordered it, but I really like it! Here I tied it at the waist and paired it with sneakers for a fun edgy look - this would be a fun outfit for a concert! (shop the pieces: blazer, graphic tee - I went up one size!, jeans, sneakers)


 

site design by kiki co.