Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Old Navy denim try on session!

Today I've got a fun denim try on session for you! So recently, Old Navy had 50% off sitewide (I think during Prime Day as a way to compete for that online spend!) and I had to order a few things for my son. Then I got lost in the women's section (virtually, that is) and realized that my favorite Old Navy denim cut was now available in a darker color (hello fall!) and after that I don't really remember what happened.  Haha! Kidding of course, but spoiler alert is that all the fun and trendy jeans at Old Navy suddenly drew me in with their 50% off and I ordered a few - or 5.

There were some clear winners and losers here and while I don't usually show the "losers" (or rather "losers" for me... they may work great for you!) today I am talking about what worked and what didn't work with these five pairs of jeans. I find Old Navy's jeans to be wildly different as far as quality and fabric from cut to cut. So it was fun to have a head to head comparison of a selection of pairs.

So this pair is an instant favorite! They remind me a lot of this FRAME pair that I also own that is much more expensive. So if you wanted the look for less - this is it! I think they is a fun trend for end of summer and beginning of fall. If you aren't too sure about this trend then I highly suggest snagging a pair at a low price - like this pair - and Old Navy is the place to do that. They look super cute with flats and sandals and sneakers and would also be fun and trendy with ankle boots this fall too. I find them to be true to size. I am usually a 26/27 and in Old Navy I wear size 4.

This pair was a NO for me. But I will say I can see why this pair and the Rockstar jeans in general get  great reviews.  These jeans are super skinny and super stretchy. I felt a little like I was squeezed into them, but sizing up likely wouldn't made them baggy. In general I like the stretchy skinny jeans from Madewell better. I liked the distressing and the high waist - these just

So I already own this exact pair in a lighter wash and also a light wash with distressed knees. I adore these jeans. I own a few pairs of straight leg/high waist jeans from more expensive brands and these definitely compete with the more expensive options. The denim is super thick and high quality and the cut is very flattering.  Keep in mind this pair is 99% cotton, so there is almost NO stretch in these jeans. I find them to be true to size. I am usually a 26/27 and in Old Navy I wear size 4.  This pair is a little long on me and since it has a raw hem I am going to trim them up just a bit - for reference I am abut 5'4


The wide leg jean and pant trend is everywhere this summer and I suspect it will carry over to the fall as well. I keep trying and wanting to like this trend on me - and even in photos I think it looks cute - but in person I feel like I have flapping flags wrapped around my legs. It just feels like SO MUCH FABRIC. If you are loving the cropped wide leg denim/pant trend than I definitely recommend this pair because they are great. I just don't think they are great on ME. But I will never say never... maybe I will try to revisit this trend in the future!?!? I find them to be true to size. I am usually a 26/27 and in Old Navy I wear size 4. 



I think these bleach spot boyfriend jeans are a FUN piece. You could go really simple with your top and shoes and make them the statement piece or make one big statement and go for a bold color for your top. In the end I am going to pass on this pair because a gal can only have so many jeans and there are pairs here I like more - but I definitely am digging this style. I will say you may want to size up if you like a slouchier boyfriend fit



 

site design by kiki co.