Thursday, July 25, 2019

J.Crew try on session (pre fall)!

Today I have a super fun try on session for you gals from J.Crew! I don't usually plan two try on sessions in a row on the blog BUT most if not ALL of these pieces are on sale at J.Crew with the deal ending TONIGHT so I wanted to squeeze it in while the sales are popping. J.Crew used to have promos ALL the time (well way back in the day they never had ANY) and I really got trained to shop the sales.  Recently I've seemed to notice less promos or less items on promo at J.Crew which I am sure is a measure on their part to get the brand back on track after some reported financial problems there. Any who! All that to say... when it's sale time at J.Crew you best be shopping because it's hard to say when another promo will pop up.  Right now most items are 30% or 40% off depending on how much you spend. Plus I've noticed that quite a few items that were exempt from promos earlier this summer are now included.

Without further ado... let's get to these amazing pieces. There is SO much to love here. Keep in mind I don't keep everything I try on. These are just like the fitting rooms at the store... just at home, because I order online. Some items are winners and some I just don't keep because they aren't 100% for me or because I just don't need them.


above: How fun is this striped sweater? It's a cottony knit that is perfect to transition from summer to fall. I love these bold stripes and think they are fun with sneakers but it could be dressed up with flats too. The sweater runs true to size, I am wearing a size small.  These jeans are cute - but the fit was off for me. They seem to run a bit big. The waist, knees and hip were a bit baggy. I love the button front and raw hem - if you are thinking of ordering these, go down one size. 

above: This classic grey sweater is going to be an amazing closet staple for fall and winter. It's great on it's own but it will also be great layered as the weather cools with a denim jacket, blazer or leather jacket. The sweater runs true to size, I am wearing a size small. Can we talk about these amazing leopard mules? I LOVE mules - so easy to slide on! No heel blisters! This pair runs a little big - I suggest sizing down a half size.

above: Speaking of layering - how CUTE is this camo rain jacket!?!? I mean, SO CUTE. It's not just a "rain jacket" either. I could totally see wearing this as a fall jacket too. Keep in mind it's quite oversized. I am wearing a size small here and it's HUGE (which you can't really tell, but it is) and as soon as I tried it on I remembered that J.Crew's coats usually run big. So definitely size down one or maybe two sizes on this one. Otherwise it's a big winner!

above: This is the same sweater as above but in black. This is such a classic. I have this same style sweater in leopard from many, many years ago and I still love it. It's such a classic.

above: It's going to be ALL about leopard this fall. This leopard sweatshirt is another really fun transitional piece from summer to fall. It's lightweight and oh so cute. It does have a more shrunken fit to it, so if you like it slouchier I suggest going up a size. I am wearing my usual size here, size small.  These sandals are also included in the sale - but with limited sizes.

above: Another fun trend lately? Puff sleeves! And if you are a bibliophile like me you can't say "puff sleeves" without instantly thinking of Anne of Greene Gables - swoon.  This trend is decidedly less prairie-esque and much more hip! This little tee has just a hint of puff sleeves and I love it. It's a simple piece to breathe new life into your summer wardrobe and is another one that will carry into fall layered under jackets. It's true to size, I am wearing size small.

above: J.Crew is knocking it out of the park with this leopard sweater. The base is an olive-y color and the spots are navy and pink - I mean, how fun?!?! This also has a shrunken fit which looks great with high waisted denim but keep in mind you could always size up for a more generous fit.  Also these white jeans are INCLUDED in the promo! They haven't been on promo hardly at all this summer - so now is the time to buy! I love the flare ankle on these and high waist. This has by far been one of my favorite pairs of jeans all summer. They run true to size, I am in a size 26.

above: How fun is this striped roll neck sweater? So classic! It's another great piece to transition from summer to fall. This one has a cropped fit so keep that in mind when ordering. The sweater runs true to size, I am in my usual size small.

above: I've been on the hunt for the PERFECT white Oxford for a while now. I feel a little like Goldilocks. This one seemed to run a little small and wrinkled really easily. Otherwise I liked how crisp it was but would prefer something that is crisp and soft so it doesn't wrinkle so badly. Does that exist? I am wearing a size 4 here, which felt small on the shoulders. I would size up with this top. Beyond this top not being my absolute favorite... can we talk about this white on white look? White on white has been a look I've loved since spring and man, this looks great! I want to recreate this look with a top that fits better next time!

above: One last PUFF SLEEVE for the win! When I first put this on I was a little overwhelmed with the size of the sleeves. But you know what? I really like it! This is a really fun top that I can definitely see wearing for summer into fall. It looks great with white jeans and leopard flats for now and would look great with black jeans as the weather cools too. This top runs true to size, I am wearing a size small.



 

site design by kiki co.