Thursday, June 13, 2019

J.Crew Factory try-on session!

I haven't shopped at J.Crew Factory in FOREVER and really I don't know why! I fell down an online rabbit hole shopping there the other day and ordered quite a few cute things for summer and for our summer vacation.  I sure am glad I did because there are some real gems here and of course the prices are always so great at J.Crew Factory. A few of the pieces were a little wonky on sizing - so let my lessons learned help you avoid ordering the wrong size. I'll outline my sizing recommendations below to make ordering easier.

above: I am a sucker for a tie front top and a stripe - so this top is my best case scenario! Naturally! I love this top - it's soft and roomy while still being really flattering. I am in a size small here - which is my usual size - and it fits great. It's also available in quite a few solid colors too, if you aren't into the stripes!

above: Okay this mock neck tank is a little departure from my 'usual' but I LOVE this style so much. It's very flattering and it works great with a more voluminous bottom like these wide leg pants or boyfriend jean or "mom jeans." I am in a size small here which is a little bit on the armpits. So if you are between sizes I recommend going down a size. Otherwise just go with your usual size. Then I tried these wide leg linen pants which are SO cute. I went with a 4 - I am usually between 2/4- and they are a little big. So go down a size if you are between sizes. They have an elastic waist that makes them quite forgiving size-wise. I paired them with both heels and flats here to show how cute they look with both. Both of these pieces would be great for an office look for summer!

above: I'm such a sucker for a graphic tee and this simple "le weekend" tee is so dang cute! I went with my usual size small and it's a touch small. If you are between sizes, I suggest going up a size. I have been long searching for a casual pair of joggers and these are a great find! I ordered a small and they are quite big - so definitely size down in these. Otherwise I love them.  They are soft and super stretchy and are perfect for around the house or paired with a tank for a day of errands.

If you are looking for more cute graphic tees I also love this "SUMMER" tee, this "summer Fridays" tee and this "beach bum" tee too! 

above: I have been looking for some casual shorts that are good for the pool or beach and this chambray pair of shorts is totally THE ONE. They are so cute with a drawstring and pockets. I would say they run a bit big - these are a small but I could've gone down a size. I am going to keep this size though because I have a feeling they might shrink up in the wash a bit. 

above: I LOVE a white dress for summer. I have been looking for a casual white dress for hot summer days and while this one is dressier than what I was looking for I still wanted to show it to you guys because YOU GUYS IT'S SO CUTE.  I am shocked at what a good deal this dress is because it's gorgeous in person. It has a nice fitted top with a beautiful flare skirt and is so well made. It's also fully lined and has pockets (pockets!). This would be so beautiful for a summer event or even for the office this summer. I went with a size 2 - usually I am between 2/4 - and it fits PERFECTLY. I don't have an event to wear this to - but I might keep it anyway! It's so gorgeous for an amazing price.

above: No one loves to put themselves on the internet in a bathing suit. (well maybe someone does, but I sure as heck don't) BUT for this suit I will! It's SOOOO good you guys. I threw this in my cart on a whim and HELLO - it's amazing. I went with a small - which is my usual size - in both the top and the bottom and they fit perfect. I have tried the high waist bathing suit bottom before and liked it so-so, but this one I LOVE. It's very comfortable and flattering. Plus how cute is the star pattern? Not only for Fourth of July but for all summer. I'm in LOVE. And I don't say that about swimsuits often. (This pattern is also available in a one-piece, and a different top & bottom option here and here

above: With a beach vacation on the horizon I am looking for easy pieces for day and night. I love this terry sweatshirt for cool evenings or mornings at the beach. It's SO soft. I am in a size small here and it's a bit big so I will be exchanging this one and going down one size. It's available in a few other colors and also there are matching shorts - how cute is it as a set!?!? So cute.


 

site design by kiki co.