Friday, May 17, 2019

6 ways to style sneakers!

Hellloooooo! I am back with another fun six ways to style post for you today! This series has quickly become one of my favorites to pull together and you gals really seem to like it as well. So it's truly a win for everyone! Every time I pull together one of these posts I come up with new outfit combos that inspire me and how I get dressed each day and I hope they inspire you too.  It's always fun to play dress up in your closet and try new things and fresh pairings.  Plus the best part is that this post isn't focused on BUYING new clothes, it's all about shopping your closet and making the best use of what you already own.

Today I am styling up SNEAKERS which are far and away this seasons hottest trend. And hello! As a busy mom and someone that prefers more casual style this is basically the trend I've been waiting for my whole life. What a wonderful world we get to live in these days! haha! Today I am wearing an budget-friendly pair of Adidas that are super classic and comfortable. That is another thing I love about this trend - whatever your budget there is a sneaker for you. For more sneaker options... check out this post too where I feature tons at the very bottom of the post.

Also, if you haven't already be sure to check out the entire archive of "6 ways to style" posts... there is SO much inspiration there for everyday looks!


~~~

Let's take a look at each of the outfits!


Outfit 1 (above)
I love a good t-shirt dress in the summer. It's the perfect mom-on-the-go piece! Paired with sneakers this look is ready for the park, maybe even touristy activities on vacation or a morning at the farmers market. Our family loves Disney and this look would be perfect for a day in the parks or at a local amusement park.  I'm totally embracing the "belt bag" trend too... it's really practical and on trend at the same time! (shop the pieces: t-shirt dress, heart earrings, belt bag, sneakers)


Outfit 2 (above)
If you tend towards more classic or preppy style you may be wondering if the sneaker trend will work for you. I think this outfit proves that it totally works! Classic white jeans and a button front top pair perfectly with sneakers for a casual and practical everyday look. (shop the pieces: similar top, jeans, similar bag, sneakers)


Outfit 3 (above)
I have this sweater blazer in three colors because I love it so much (note: it runs big so size down)! Here I belted it and paired with distressed jeans and bucket bag for a fun on-trend look for spring. This would be a great look for a day-date, casual meetings or even a day of shopping with friends. (shop the pieces: blazer, belt, jeans, similar bucket bag, sneakers)


Outfit 4 (above)
If you are a sideline mom on the weekends like me you know how difficult it can be to dress for comfort and the weather. I always go with plenty of layers and comfortable shoes. Here I paired a grey t-shirt with a jacket and sneakers for the perfect sideline look. (shop the pieces: jacket, t-shirt, jeans, tote, sneakers)


Outfit 5 (above)
One of my favorite spring and summer combos is a casual dress and a denim jacket. It's just SO easy. And thankfully it works really well with sneakers too. This wrap dress is super flattering (if between sizes, go up one size otherwise it's true to size) and affordable and great to throw on for weekend activities. (shop the pieces: dress, denim jacket, tote, sneakers)


Outfit 6 (above)
If you are heading out to festivals, an outdoor concert, the zoo or just to run errands this easy combo is ideal!  A striped top and denim shorts works perfectly with sneakers for a mom-friendly everyday look. (shop the pieces: striped top, denim shorts, cross body bag, sneakers)


 

site design by kiki co.