Tuesday, April 9, 2019

3 spring outfits that aren't shorts (or jeans)!

When I recently asked for post ideas on Instagram a few of you lamented wearing shorts for the warmer months... ANYTHING besides shorts you gals said!  I love shorts for warm weather MOST of the time... but not all of the time so I totally get this request! If you are looking for denim shorts for spring/summer - make sure to see my full review of 10 pairs here!

If you aren't into shorts... then today's post is for you! I've got three outfit ideas, or outfit formulas, that do not include shorts but that are for the warmer weather.  Skirts, linen pants and easy dresses make for super simple and comfortable mom-on-the-go outfits without depending on shorts, leggings or jeans.

First up I found the PERFECT spring and summer drawstring skirt. Skirts are surprisingly difficult to find in cuts that are friendly for everyday wear. I absolutely LOVE this one! It's relaxed enough for everyday wear and looks perfect with a little graphic tee and sneakers. This look is great for heading to the park with the kids and running errands. Next up I paired a simple pair of linen pants which are so comfortable yet great for staying cool, with a simple striped top and wedges. This look is great for summer events like picnics, barbecues or simply for daily wear.  Lastly, everyone loves a simple and comfortable dress. I always like to find dresses that are cotton or cotton blend. They are perfect for layering with lightweight jackets or cardigans or on their own with sandals for grocery runs, brunch or family weekend time.







 

site design by kiki co.