Thursday, January 10, 2019

HUGE winter Nordstrom try-on session!

Of all the posts I wrote in 2018... the TRY-ON SESSION posts were by far the most popular. You guys love a little peek into the dressing room (wait, that sounded creepy! Totally in a NOT creepy way) to see what I am loving and how stuff fits in real life.  And I don't blame you - I TOTALLY love when my favorite bloggers do try-on sessions as well!

On a rainy day in Phoenix (I mean, when does that ever happen!?!? Only on my vacation!) I did some shopping at Nordstrom and found TONS of cute sweaters. I wanted to bring them ALL home and wish I could've... who would have thought that the stores in Phoenix would stock so many cozy pieces!? I also tried on a bunch of athletic pieces too. I will post those next week. Here is my sweater try-on session:

above: Okay now that I see this sweater again I am KICKING myself for not buying it. I love the slightly cropped and boxy fit with high waisted skinny jeans and these stripes are SO perfect for January where all I crave is a neutral palette. I am wearing a size small here.  Also I grabbed these skinny jeans to try on with sweaters... they are actually pretty amazing! Simple and flattering.

above & below: This tunic length convertible sweater can be worn off the shoulder (above) or as an oversized cowl (below). The fabric is super soft and stretchy so both options are very comfortable.  This sweater is just beautiful! It's available in a few other color options and I am wearing a small here. It would be great for a winter date night or Valentine's celebration!


above: I can't resist a good cardigan! This black shawl collar cardigan is super soft and a great price. I layered it with a cute camo t-shirt (I'm predicting camo will be big again for spring... really, it hasn't gone away since late summer/fall) and some straight leg jeans. I quickly grabbed these jeans to try on  (they were the closest to the fitting room) and ended up LOVING them. They are a great price (under $70!), super flattering and right on trend with the straight leg denim trend right now. I am wearing a size small in both pieces and the denim runs true to size.

above: This is another gorgeous tunic sweater. I love the rib detailing and the mock neck and it's also available in grey. It's cute paired with jeans but would be great with leggings and flats or even heels to dress it up a bit. I'm wearing a size 2 here.

above: This pink and gold color block cardigan is TOO cute for late winter/early spring. You know I love anything PINK and this gorgeous gold color is right on trend. I am wearing a size XS here. It's also available in grey/white too!

above: This sweater is SO cozy! I love the chunky turtleneck and it's a little difficult to see from the photos but the grey sweater has multi-colored flecks. It's a fun little detail with a little nod spring in there too. I'm wearing a size small here.

above & below: Am I the only one who sees a sweater with button details and instantly falls in love?? This gorgeous burgundy sweater with button details is super warm and cozy. It's available in a few colors and the cropped fit is perfect with high-waisted jeans. I am wearing a size small here.


above: Valentines is hands down my favorite holiday. So any shirt or top with little hearts always grabs my attention this time of year. This little heart tee is a bit on the pricey side, but oh so cute and it looks like it's been popping on and off sale. So if you are interested in it, keep checking back for another markdown!

above & below: This tie-back sweater is SO darling! As you can see this one I am trying on was WAY too big (it was all they had available) but I had to try it on anyway.  This would be so cute for a Valentines date night look with a little bralette underneath.  The fabric was super soft and it's available in a few sizes. I believe I am wearing a small here so definitely size down!


above: I'm addicted to half zip fleeces this winter! I can't stop with them! My daughter says I can't buy anymore. Although I have let her borrow a few so I'm sure she wouldn't mind as long as I share.  This one is SO cute and again totally on theme for Valentines. It's available in a few colors in pink isn't your thing and I am wearing a size 2 here.

above: This v-neck sweater came home with me because it's SO good in person.  It's a little oversized, super soft and the v-neck is JUST perfect. Not too low, not too high. These jeans also came home with me like I mentioned above, I feel like this is a better picture of them - but they are just SO good and for under $70, you can't beat the price. I'm wearing a small in the sweater and the jeans are true to size.

above: I am OBSESSED with this sweater... it's the perfect nod to spring while still being totally grounded in winter. I'm loving these pastels for spring this year and usually I'm not a huge fan of pastel (well, I like the colors, just not me wearing them). I am wearing a size small in this sweater and it's available in two color ways, both equally drool worthy.


 

site design by kiki co.