Monday, September 17, 2018

my everyday style: white jeans for fall and a recent lightbulb moment!

I've worn white jeans straight from spring right into summer... and I don't want to quit anytime soon. I've found they add a fun freshness to fall duds like a trench coat, a sweater and/or neutrals that I love so much for fall. White jeans are here to stay for as long as I can possibly pull them off.  Through October maybe?!? How are you feeling about white jeans this late in the season? Into it?  I love them paired with this trench coat and a little sweater tank for cool fall mornings with warm fall afternoons - which is basically the best fall weather EVER.  I am loving it.

In other news, if you follow my antics on Instagram Stories you know I recently had a VI Peel, it's a chemical peel done at a local plastic surgeons office.  You can see the day by day results on my Instagram Stories Highlights. I saved it all there.  But it had me thinking this weekend while I am STILL peeling and super dry (and sick of it!) and it led to a major lightbulb moment.  It's cheesy and I've heard it a million times before but this weekend it just seemed to click more than before: it's more important what you do everyday versus what you do once in a while.  Chemical peels are expensive and pretty inconvenient (peeling skin in public isn't the most fun experience!) so they are obviously only to be done once in a while.  And I am happy with the results... but for the money and the inconvenience I think I would be just as better off sticking to my skincare routine more seriously everyday for good results (we all get a little lazy sometimes, right!?!).  It reminded me of the power of small daily habits that help us reach our goals.  Keeping my skin looking fresh and young is definitely a goal of mine as I age - but it's likely I have more control over it in small increments than going once or twice a year for a super inconvenient procedure.  You know?

Same goes with anything in life... the small things we do everyday have a better chance of adding up more significantly than the BIG things we do once in a while.  It's pretty cliche that people say that when you reach your 40s life has a new perspective and I definitely am feeling that lately... I'm all about simplifying, re-assessing where I am in life and moving forward with new intentions.  Wearing white jeans as much as possible and making my skin a top priority are two things on that list!










Outfit Details:
Trench Coat (similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.