Wednesday, July 25, 2018

my everyday style: how I'm styling ankle boots this fall!

Ankle boots are by far one of my favorite wardrobe staples to wear once fall hits... so today I'm showing off this awesome pair of ankle boots in two outfits.  Also, this is wrapping up my "unofficial/official" coverage of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018... I'll likely pop back in right before the sale ends with any "last call" finds before the prices go UP on August 6.  But until then, I have had a BLAST showing off the best items for the upcoming fall season at AMAZING discounts this year.  This sale is always a favorite of mine and while I don't want to wish away one day of summer, sweet summer, I do have to say that my closet is DEFINITELY ready for fall and so am I just a little.

Ankle boots were definitely one of my top wishlist items for the sale and since I have a suede pair from TWO sales ago (still, I love them!) I knew I wanted a leather pair this year.  This black pair is GORGEOUS in person, the leather is so soft and I've worn them for photos and out and about (after photos (#bloggerlife) and I found them to be incredibly comfortable. I know some of the reviews weren't great - but I'm a fan - and you guys know me... I don't tout something unless I 100% LOVE it!

Here I styled the ankle boots into two looks that I can NOT wait to recreate this fall!  For the first look I paired the ankle boots with some "mom jeans" that are all the rage right now. I love the little peek of skin above the boot with the cropped/frayed hem on the jeans.  These jeans are super fun to pair with a cropped sweater like this cream sweater.  Then I couldn't resist styling the look up with a fun plaid scarf.  For the second look I went with a classic fall combo... skinny jeansankle boots and a cardigan. Easy peasy! This is a combo I wear all the time and for good reason - it's just so easy and comfortable!  If these ankle boots aren't your style... I also love this pair, this pair and this pair!



(above) Outfit Details:
Scarf (or similar)








(above) Outfit Details: 








 

site design by kiki co.