Monday, September 11, 2017

my everyday style: fall layering with Old Navy!

This post is created in collaboration with Old Navy. All opinions are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.

This is it friends... the first official scarf sighting of the season! You got that right. I'm sporting a scarf for the first time this fall and I'm pretty thrilled about it.  Fall weather has descended on Michigan (minus a few straggling 80 degree days forecasted this week) and I'm in full on fall mode for outfits. Lightweight layers are key right now because just as fast as I can layer them on for chilly mornings, the clouds will part and I will have to layer them all off again.  I've also officially gotten my first warm drink from Starbucks for the season, so we are in deep friends! (next up... the fireplace, Uggs and pumpkin sightings!)

Old Navy isn't just my destination for my kids' back to school clothes (although, let me tell you - we found some GREAT pieces there!), it's also one of my favorites for classic fall layering pieces. This super soft henley top is perfect on it's own or under a cardigan later this fall.  And I love this hooded jacket (that covers my bum!) for football games or visits to the apple orchards.  Black skinny jeans are my favorite this time of year (so flattering and comfortable) and this pair is perfectly stretchy. And yes, I finally broke down and added a scarf... here I tucked it under the collar of my jacket for an extra pop of pattern, I love camo print for fall and it's such an inexpensive way to add some personality to any outfit.

If you are local, ArtPrize kicks off in a few short weeks and since downtown will be crazy then we decided to pop down to Calder Plaza before the insanity starts. I remember running around the bright orange-red Calder when I was a kid and I remember bringing my kids here as little toddlers to do the same. We still love to hang out here now that my kids are a little older because who doesn't love a little hide and seek between all of Calder's nooks and crannies?







Outfit Details:
Top - courtesy of Old Navy
Jacket - courtesy of Old Navy
Scarf - courtesy of Old Navy
Jeans - courtesy of Old Navy
Sunglasses



 

site design by kiki co.