Friday, September 29, 2017

fitness must haves!

Back to school for my kids means back to REAL LIFE for me as a mom.  I enjoy September for many reasons, one big reason being that I can finally get back to meal planning, keeping my house clean for longer than 5 minutes, stay caught up on laundry, enjoy some peace and quiet and finally: getting back to working out.  September is the NEW YEAR for moms... and you heard it hear first. Cue the "Auld Lang Syne" friends... it's time to party.

Now I am not a super fan of fitness.  If it were up to me reading, taking naps and eating candy would be spectator sports and dang would I be good at them.  But alas they are not and I'm not getting any younger.  I try to work out at least two times a week to maintain my sanity and my figure or some semblance of both.   I wish I could stay skinny and sane just lounging around all day... big surprise that doesn't work.  A girl can dream though.   Lately I've been into hot yoga which is terrible and wonderful all at once.  I've long been a Pure Barre addict and love a good thigh shaking session with my girls over there.  I've also recently re-acquainted myself with the pleasure and heart rate elevating goodness of an old fashioned walk.  I need to do that more! And this winter I would like to try and incorporate pilates into my workout regime again.  What is your favorite way to sweat? Don't say running... I don't know if we can be friends if you say running. ;)

Today I am rounding up my favorite workout apparel from the budget friendly to the splurge worthy... and I would love to know what YOUR favorites are if you don't see them here. I am always on the hunt for stylish and comfortable workout apparel.  Spoiler alert: if you don't mind splurging I absolutely adore THESE pants... if you aren't ready to splurge, these are my (very close) second favorite.  I love a good tank with fun details on the back like this inexpensive option and this cozy jacket is on my wishlist right now (and it's under $40!).


top row: sweater knit moto jacket - under $40!, wrap cardigan - I have last year's version of this and LOVE it!, turtleneck top  - perfect for running a few errands after working out!

second row: pink open back tank - under $20!cross back tankcage-back tankstriped muscle shirt - I own this and love it!grey sports brapink layered sports bra - so cute!

third row: 
space dyed leggings - my all time favorite yoga pants!tie-up leggings  - on my wishlist!space dyed leggings  - budget version!pink strappy leggings - need these!black glossy leggings - these look amazing on!ribbed leggings - my favorite for winter!

bottom row: 
yoga matwater bottle - love these, they are glass but they won't break!, hair tiesback packpink sneakerswhite sneakersslide sandals - pretty sure I had a version of these in HS, these are way cuter!



 

site design by kiki co.